Wii U’s Latest System Update Enables Downloads During Sleep Mode And More
By Ishaan . April 25, 2013 . 11:22pm
Nintendo’s latest firmware update to the Wii U that cuts down the system’s load times is available now. Nintendo have provided a list of features that the update, numbered 3.0.0 U, adds:
- New Features:
- A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
- Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
- Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu*¹
- Changes to System Settings:
- An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in “Data Management”
- The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in “Data Management”
- The option to adjust screen size is now available under “TV”*²
- “Auto Power-Down” has been renamed “Power Settings”
- Changes to Miiverse
- Changes to Nintendo eShop
- Changes to the Internet Browser
- Changes to Download Management
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
*1 User selection may be necessary.
*2 A similar option has been removed from Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, and the Internet Browser.
Read more stories about Wii U
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.