Fire Emblem Heroes got its major 3.0.0 update, which introduces Book III of the story, Mythic Heroes and Mythic Effects, new Weapon Skills and Refines, and a new trailer to give us a look at what’s ahead.
First, here’s a look at the Book III Movie:
Details from the official patch notes below:
Book III of the Story Has Begun
The main story proceeds to Book III!
After returning from their fight with Múspell, the Order of Heroes is beset by a new enemy from Hel, the realm of the dead.
Get 5★ Mythic Hero Eir: Merciful Death by clearing Chapter 1: Part 5 of Book III on Normal difficulty.
Those who have not yet completed Book I or Book II can still access Book III. You won’t want to miss the opening movie in Chapter 1: Part 1!
To celebrate the release of Book III, a Hero Fest including Eir: Merciful Death will start 11/12/2018 7:00(UTC)
Eir: Merciful Death will not be available for normal summoning events after this Hero Fest ends. The next time this hero will be available is the Legendary Hero summoning event in late December.
Mythic Heroes and Mythic Effects Have been Added
Mythic Heroes, beginning with Eir: Merciful Death, and Mythic Effects have been added.
Only godlike characters from the Fire Emblem series can become Mythic Heroes.
Mythic Heroes have special powers that manifest in Aether Raids.
The next Mythic Hero will debut in late January, 2019. After that, new Legendary Heroes and Mythic Heroes will take turns debuting at the end of each month.
First Summon Tickets Have Been Added
First Summon Tickets can now be used.
A First Summon Ticket is a special item that replaces the 5 Orbs you spend during the first round of summoning.
We will gift players with First Summon Tickets for use in the Hero Fest that starts on 11/12/2018 7:00(UTC)
- First Summon Tickets can only be used on the summoning event for which they are named.
- First Summon Tickets in your possession will expire after the summoning event for which they are named ends.
- The number of First Summon Tickets in your possession is shown on the summoning-event screen.
- Once you proceed to the summoning screen, you cannot use a First Summon Ticket on your second through fifth summons.
New Weapon Skills and Weapons to Refine
The following Heroes can learn these new character-specific weapon skills at 5★:
- Gladiator’s Blade – Hero who can learn this skill: Ogma: Loyal Blade
- Scarlet Sword – Hero who can learn this skill: Navarre: Scarlet Sword
- Whitewing Blade – Hero who can learn this skill: Palla: Eldest Whitewing
- Whitewing Lance – Hero who can learn this skill: Catria: Middle Whitewing
- Whitewing Spear –Hero who can learn this skill: Est: Junior Whitewing
- Tactical Bolt –Hero who can learn this skill: Robin: High Deliverer
- Tactical Gale – Hero who can learn this skill: Robin: Mystery Tactician
- The above weapons can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery after they’ve been obtained.
- To learn weapon skills, tap Allies, then Ally Growth, and then Learn Skills.
- To access the Weapon Refinery, you must clear Book I, Chapter 13 in the main story and then clear the second Intermission map, The Rite of Blades.
A new structure, Escape Ladder (O), can be built in Aether Raids.
If you build an Escape Ladder (O) and are defeated or surrender in battle, then the battle’s Aether cost will be refunded. Escape Ladder (O) can be used up to three times per season.
- Escape Ladder (O) can be used during the first battle each day when the Aether cost to start a battle is 0.
- At the start of a new season, the number of times Escape Ladder (O) can be used is restored to the maximum.
- If Escape Ladder (O) is strengthened during a season, then the number of times it can be used that season is restored by 1.
Additional Heroes Can Be Summoned Using Heroic Grails
The following heroes can now be summoned using Heroic Grails:
- Dorcas: Pumpkin Smasher
- Aversa: Dark One
- Main story quests can now be played on Hard or Lunatic difficulty without having to clear them on Normal difficulty first.
- When editing the structure layout in Aether Raids, you can now tap on a trap to see its range.
- The Aether Raids season icon is now visible in the title portion of the main, Edit Raiding Parties, and Edit Defensive Team screens.
- The View Bonus Allies screen in Aether Raids can now be accessed from the Edit Raiding Parties and Edit Defensive Team screens.
- The Legendary Effect season icon is now visible in the Arena mode selection screen and title screen, and the Arena Assault title screen.
- The next map’s enemy characters are now shown on the Edit Team screen from the second battle onward when playing Squad Assault, Arena Assault, and Blessed Gardens maps.
- Fixed an issue affecting phones running Android 9 with cutouts enabled that caused the upper portion of the screen to be darker than necessary.
As noted during the Feh Channel: Special Book III Edition broadcast, beast-typeHeroes from the Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn game who can transform during battle will arrive in January. We hope you’re excited!
That’s it for the version 3.0.0 update! We hope you continue to enjoy playing Fire Emblem Heroes.
In case you missed it, check out the Feh Channel: Special Book III Edition broadcast below:
Fire Emblem Heroes is available on iOS and Android.