Konami Says They Won’t Stop Developing AAA titles, Including MGS And Silent Hill

By Sato . September 21, 2015 . 11:54pm

d21625a2

There’s been recent reports about Konami dropping production of all major titles and focusing solely on mobile games these past few weeks, but the company says that it’s not true, and they will continue making high-end titles.

 

It all started from French site Gameblog that reported that worldwide technology director Julien Merceron had left the company and said that Konami had no plans to continue developing triple-A games besides Pro Evolution Soccer.

 

A user on Reddit opened a support ticket and asked about the future of Metal Gear Solid and the Fox Engine, and the reply from the company mentioned the following:

 

“I can promise you that we’re definitely not leaving Metal Gear behind or anything like that. I know some blogs were claiming that online this morning, but I’m not really sure where they’d be getting that from.

 

We’re still definitely working on console games and franchises such as Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, PES and all the rest.”

 

As previously reported, Konami is still recruiting staff for a new Metal Gear project, and while it maybe another mobile or pachislot game, the recruitment page references experience in “high-end game development,” but until we hear more from Konami themselves, it’d probably be better to take it by the grain of salt for the time being.


Read more stories about on Siliconera.

Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.

Siliconera Tests
Siliconera Videos

Popular