In Fire Emblem Fates, the story will change depending on what side you choose between the White Kingdom and Black Kingdom. In addition to having different characters from both sides, they’ll also have their exclusive classes.
Above is a look at the classes that are available in the Black Kingdom version of Fire Emblem Fates. The starting classes are:
- Dark Prince/Princess: Royalty that uses Dark Kingdom equipment, and the power of a dragon within them.
- Cavalier: Horse-mounted units that can fight using swords and spears.
- Knight: Heavy armored foot units. They are slow but have high defense.
- Fighter: Axe-wielding units with high HP. They have high strength but poor defense.
- Mercenary: Balanced statistics, with high skill.
- Thief: They use bows, and have high speed and magic defense.
- Wyvern Rider: Soldiers mounted on Wyverns. They have high strength and defense.
- Dark Mage: Mages that perform dark magic to take out enemies.
- Rod Knight: Staff-users that don’t have much fighting powers, but support allies using a staff.
- Garu: A werewolf class that excels ins strength and speed.
And here are the Advanced classes in Fire Emblem Fates:
- Paladin: Similar to the Cavalier, but with better stats.
- Great Knight: Heavy-armored units that can use swords, axes, and spears.
- General: Heavy-armored units with excellent defense.
- Berserker: Axe-wielding units that specialize in dealing powerful blows.
- Brave Hero: Heroes that can use swords and axes accordingly to their battle situation.
- Bow Knight: Mounted bow users that use bows while on horseback, but also have access to swords.
- Adventurer: A unique class with long-ranged versatility using bows and staves.
- Wyvern Lord: A higher class Wyvern Rider that uses axes and spears.
- Revenant Knight: Magic Wyvern mounted unit that can use magic and axes to take out enemies.
- Sorcerer: A higher class Dark Mage, with exception magic attack.
- Dark Knight: Magic-using soldiers that have the ability to fight using swords and magic.
- Tactician: A horse mounted mage that can fight using magic and staves.
- Butler/Maid: Fight for their masters using staves and hidden weapons.
- Managarmr: A higher class Garu with even better stats.
- Dark Blood: One with the heart of the dark night; royalty with noble blood. They fight using swords, Dragon Stones, and magic.
Next is a look at the classes available in the White Kingdom version of Fire Emblem Fates. Starting classes include:
- Samurai: Follows the path of the sword, and specialize in fighting with speed.
- Kijin (lit. Ogre Person): Units that fight with clubs with high strength and defense.
- Spear Warrior: Units that specialize in a fighting style that breaks the enemy’s defense.
- Hexers: Use spells from the White Kingdom called “Hexes” to fight enemies.
- Tempest/Shrine Maiden: Units that use the power of prayers to support allies.
- Tenma Musha (Pegasus Warrior): Pegasus mounted units with high speed and magic defense.
- Archer: Warriors that follow the path of archery. They have high skill and use bows in battle.
- Ninja: Units that fight from the shadows. They attack enemies using dirks and also with debuffing techniques.
- Mythological Fox: Fox-based units with high speed and magic defense.
- Villager: Normal townsfolk that live in the village, but fight using naginata (Japanese halberds) in battle.
- Master Swordsman: Units with elite sword skills, and excellent speed and evasion.
- Asura: Higher class Kijin that fight using clubs and the power of hexes.
- Strategist: Units with the ability to wield katanas, halberds, and clubs.
- Blacksmith: Weapon makers with the ability to use katanas and clubs. They also have high skill.
- Spear Master: Units that followed the path of the spear, with highly balanced stats.
- Basara: An advanced unit that excels with halberds and hexes.
- Onmyoji: Units that use and excel at various spells such as Hexes to take out enemies and can heal allies using haraegushi.
- Monk: An advanced class that can heal allies with their haraegushi, and can also fight enemies using their halberds.
- War Maiden: Advanced Shrine Maiden classes that can use haraegushi to heal allies, and bows to attack enemies from a distance.
- Master Pegasus Warrior: Higher class Pegasus Warrior that can use halberds for attacking and haraegushi to support allies.
- Kinshimusha (Gold Kite Warrior): Units that mount the legendary bird, the golden kite, and fights using a halberd or bow with excellent fighting abilities from above.
- Master Archer: Advanced Archers that specialize in accuracy and critical hits.
- High Ninja: Using swords and dirks, this advanced class can do everything an ordinary Ninja can, but better.
- Ventriloquist: Units that use puppets, and fight using dirks and bows.
- Nine-Tailed Fox: A higher class Mythological Fox with more spiritual energy and higher stats.
- The White Blooded: One with the heart of the white night, a royalty with noble blood. They fight using swords, Dragon Stones, and haraegushi.
Fire Emblem Fates will release in 2016 for Nintendo 3DS.