PlayStation Vita

PlayStation Vita With 3G More Popular With Preorders, Retailer Reports


ps1This weekend, Japanese stores started accepting pre-orders for PlayStation Vita. Sony plans on releasing two models: one with 3G support and a Wi-Fi only model without.


Retailer and blogger Sinobi reports the 3G version is more popular among his customers. 65% of PlayStation Vita reservations on the first day were for the 3G model. The other 35% were for the Wi-Fi version, that means the 3G version sold nearly 2:1. 82% of people bought a memory stick and 72% picked up one with 32GB of storage.


Sinobi also notes in his tweet selling PlayStation Vita software was more difficult. According to his data, the PlayStation Vita has a tie ratio (games per console purchased) was 0.57. Still way too early to determine if this is a negative sign since some users may be waiting for reviews or more information about the PlayStation Vita’s launch lineup.

Siliconera Staff
About The Author
Sometimes we'll publish a story as a group. You'll find collaborative stories and some housekeeping announcements under this mysterious Siliconera Staff Writer account.