A new Super Smash Bros Ultimate N64 Spirit Board event has arrived just in time to help honor the Nintendo 64’s 24th anniversary. The system came out in Japan back in June 1996, and now people have a chance to get Spirits and specific amount of extra experience between June 5-7. 2020.
Here’s the official reveal.
6/5(金)から3日間、「スティックぐりぐり！ ロクヨンスピリッツ」を開催！ スピリッツボードで、ニンテンドウ64に登場したスピリッツが一定時間ごとに出現！ さらに、バトル後にもらえる経験値が6.4倍になります。#スマブラSP pic.twitter.com/487UEhMHjl
— 大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ【スマブラ公式】 (@SmashBrosJP) June 3, 2020
The experience number is a fun part of it. Any time you win one of these matches, you’ll get 6.4 times the experience in honor of the system.
While an official list of N64 Spirits showing up for this Super Smash Bros. Ultimate event haven’t been confirmed yet, the preview hints at some of the characters we’ll see during the event. Here’s a list of almost all of them. None are new.
- Blargg from Yoshi’s Story
- Chunky Kong from Donkey Kong 64
- Deku Link from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
- Don Bongo from Yoshi’s Story
- Flare from Custom Robo
- Happy Mask Salesman from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
- Lanky Kong from Donkey Kong 64
- Malon from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Postman from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
- Saki Amamiya from Sin and Punishment
- Tiny Kong from Donkey Kong 64
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is available for the Nintendo Switch, and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate N64 Spirit Board Event will run from June 5-7, 2020. Other recent Spirit board events celebrated Trials of Mana and Animal Crossing: New Horizons.