These Characters Didn’t Make The Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Cut
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is done, it’s coming to North America with 22 playable characters. Ryouta Niizuma, producer of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom considered more, but ultimately a group was left out the first game due to licensing and balance issues.
Here’s what he’s had in mind:
1. Joe the Condor (Gatchaman)
2. Yatterman #2
3. Shurato (from Shurato)
4. Soul Taker
5. Nakahara Komugi
6. Daikyojin (mecha of Yattodetaman, another Time Bokan series anime)
7. Berg Katse (enemy of Gatchaman)
8. Tekkaman Evil
9. Braiking Boss (enemy of Casshern)
10. JJ (Zillion)
2. Nash (Charlie)
3. Date Masamune
6. M. Bison
7. Lei-Lei/Hsein-Ko (from Darkstalkers)
8. Zero Gouki (Cyberbots mecha… who acts like Gouki)
9. Tiara Hime (from Gaia Masters, another Japan only, obscure Capcom game)
14. Hinata Wakaba
Note the curious absence of Versus staples like Strider and Akuma. Is Capcom saving those for Marvel vs. Capcom 3?
Niizuma also casually mentions he would like to make a sequel to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Could this be one of the three mystery Wii games coming from Capcom this fiscal year?