By Ishaan . July 17, 2010 . 7:47pm
Oricon is the parent holding company of Oricon Entertainment Inc., which tracks the sales and performance of entertainment products such as music CDs, videogames, DVDs and so on.
Recently, Oricon published a top-ten ranking of the most influencial manga-ka in manga history, based on the results of a survey they carried out. 841 people, ranging from teens to those in their 40s, were interviewed. Here are the results:
1. Osamu Tezuka (Astro Boy)
2. Akira Toriyama (Dr. Slump, Dragon Ball)
3. Hiroshi Fujimoto and Motou Abiko (Doraemon)
4. Eiichiro Oda (One Piece)
5. Takehiko Inoue (Slam Dunk)
6. Shigeru Mizuki (GeGeGe no Kitaro)
7. Fujio Akatsuka (Tensai Bakabon)
8. Machiko Hasegawa (Sazae-san)
9. Hayao Miyazaki (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
10. Osamu Akimoto (Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo)
10. Naoki Urasawa (Monster, 20th Century Boys)
Agree or disagree? Talk it out (nicely) in the comments.