So, What’s The Difference Between All Those Street Fighter II Games?
By Ishaan . August 20, 2013 . 2:30pm
Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting and Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers are all coming to the Wii U Virtual Console this week. So, what exactly is the difference between all three games? Capcom explain in the video below:
Here’s a summary of what the major differences are:
Street Fighter II:
- The first Street Fighter II game
- 8 playable characters
Street Fighter II Turbo/Hyper Fighting:
- 12 characters (Originals + 4 bosses)
- New character selection screen art
- New palette swapped versions for characters
- New special moves: Ryu can hurricane kick in the air etc
- Can play mirror matches
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers:
- First version of SFII with a combo counter
- Four new characters—Cammy, DeeJay, Fei Long, T. Hawk
- New art for character selection screen again
- Stages redrawn, background music remastered
- Adjustments and additions made to special moves
- Characters rebalanced once again
- Speed slowed down to make the game more methodical
All three games will be available this Thursday. For pricing details, check here.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.