Freedom Wars Has Six Different Weapon Types
By Ishaan . April 24, 2014 . 9:30am
Sony have updated the Freedom Wars website with new information on the game’s weapons. (Thanks, Game Jouhou) Additionally, a new trailer for the game that highlights the different weapon classes in the game is available for viewing as well.
Freedom Wars has six different weapon types, Game Jouhou reports. These are:
- Light Sword: Consecutive attacks with little opportunity for enemies to attack. Allows you to dislocate joints.
- Great Sword: Great Swords allow you to charge up for either a light or heavy attack; however, with this weapon, you’ll find enemies have more opportunities to attack you. On the plus side, you can change the direction of your attack while charging up a light attack. Tachis and Hammer-type weapons are included in this category.
- Spear: These enable you to attack enemies either head on or from behind. When you’re in a critical state, your attack power increases. (I assume that means when you’re low on health?) Spears allow you to charge up for light attacks, too.
- Personal Equipment Firearms: Compact firearms that allow you to fire rapidly. Additionally, you will also be able to attack while using the whip you’ve seen in the different trailers for the game.
- Multi-Purpose Firearms: Lower capacity, but higher thermal power.
- Team Support Firearms: Excellent attack power and support abilities, but low mobility. Low capacity like Multi-Purpose Firearms. This category of weapons includes laser guns, gatling guns and even net guns.
Weapons will have rarity levels, with there being differences between even the performances of weapons with the same rarity. Certain weapons also have a “modular” effect, although I’m not certain just what this means.
While Accessories (your A.I. sidekicks) will only be able to equip a single weapon, players will be able to equip two weapons, including two weapons of the same type. Additionally, you’ll also be able to use weapons dropped by enemies.
Freedom Wars will be available in Japan on June 26th. A Western release is planned sometime in 2014 as well.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.