Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Will Be Playable At Tokyo Game Show

By Spencer . July 14, 2014 . 1:09am

image

Capcom will bring Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate to Tokyo Game Show. The Nintendo 3DS game will be playable and attendees will get to play quests that feature new monsters in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Monster Hunter fans in Japan can also look forward to a Hunting Carnival (written as a pun using the kanji for hunting) which will start at Tokyo Game Show. The festival will also travel to Osaka and Nagoya along with the demo.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is slated for release on October 11 in Japan and will be brought over to the West next year.

Read more stories about & on Siliconera.

• Armageddon

• Namuro

Well, there’s Monster Hunter Frontier! :D

• Mrgrgr and Unacceptable World

Frontier i guess?

• Serge

Please CHECK the rules: http://www.siliconera.com/open-thread/
      Siliconera’s Rule #4: [No begging for ports]

Saying
        I WISH for something isn’t begging

• Serge

Please, read the rule and then come back, because you clearly didn’t read anything.

“We’re sorry that “Super Awesome Game X” isn’t available for a your favourite console, but spamming the comments with “why isn’t this for NeoGeo Pocket” isn’t going to make it happen. DO NOT beg for ports or complain when games are announced systems you don’t own or don’t like. Platform choices are made by developers for a wide range of reasons. If you intend to argue with these choices, you’re better off talking to the developer in question directly.”

• Armageddon

Im not begging for a port. I was just saying that MH would be real eye-candy if it was on a vita.

• Lastlight

He didn’t beg, spam, ask why, or complain.
            Clearly you didn’t read what he said

• Serge

He did the same comment in the last article about monster hunter, and that comment was deleted. I’m sure that this is not the first time and I’m sure as hell that that’s called spamming.

• Guest

I agree. MHFG is an outdated shit, i tried the demo, graphics is ok but the mechanics is beyond help. Gotta wait MH5 or something cuz i don’t want go back playing PSP level graphics of MH4/G.

• Ruins72

PSP level graphics? Are you blind or just a fanboy? P3rd was the best looking PSP MH and it looked way worse than 3U. And 4/4U look even better. I would know since I have 4 :T

• Lastlight

I really don’t want to do this but….
          Look at games like Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice
          They blow MH4 out of the park graphically.

• Namuro

Yes, because graphic is everything!

Yes MH has the Gameplay since they have that
            But maybe they should focus on the Graphics
            Look i’m not saying it should go back to sony
            I would like a console version (I would rather WII U than 3DS)

And if it was on Handhelds Vita hands down
            PSP vs DS = PSP
            PS vita vs 3DS = 3DS
            Console vs Handheld = Console

• Namuro

A home-console Monster Hunter game with good graphics would be nice, for sure!

But the thing is, if you were the developer, would you want to invest more money into improving the graphics, and put the game on consoles with lower user-base that also has lots of direct competitions, instead of putting it on a less powerful console, that would be cheaper to develop for, and already has a very high user-base?

Especially, when you know that most people play Monster Hunter for the gameplay, and not the graphics. Because if the outdated graphics is such a big issue, the series would have perished a long time ago.

Of course, the company could always take a risk, an action that would be praised by the fans, but what if they fail? Who would be there to pick up the pieces? Certainly not the fans… In most cases, it’s always the best choice for a company to stick to the safest route that will allow them to invest as little as they could, and gain back as much as possible.

Besides, you could always play the Chinese Monster Hunter Online. It’s on PC, and the graphics are very good! Sure, it’s in Chinese, and requires Chinese ID and such, but a lot of Western players are already playing it, so I’m sure you can find a way, If you want to play it badly enough

• Lastlight

MHFU was the most sold MH to date
            It was on the PSP
            Don’t you think the fanbase would already be on Sony products
            The most logical step would be to release it on the PS Vita
            And lets be honest the PSP wasn’t doing so hot when MHFU was released so why all of a sudden $$ is in the spotlight?
            The main reason I think it should be released on the Vita is not because of the graphics
            My reason is above. PSP to vita
            PSP to 3DS wasn’t logical at all and.
            nd another thing Userbase has nothing to do with it the fanbase is where its at.
            Yeah the 3DS has the bigger Userbase but in-terms of monster Hunter Sony has the bigger fanbase.

• Namuro

Well, that’s just my opinion anyway. I wouldn’t know what the developer had in mind exactly why they chose to switch the console.

Who knows? Maybe when they ported Monster Hunter to the PSP, they might have “realized” that the game suits the portable more than the home-console. So when the next-gen portables came out, they went and chose the more popular one, which is the 3DS.

Games don’t always stay around with the fans, they go where they can be sold. I mean just look at all the games like Final Fantasy that used to be on the Nintendo systems, they have moved on and reside with PlayStation and Xbox now (the main series, at least). Even games like Liberation Maiden that started out as an original title for the 3DS, suddenly became a visual novel game for the PS3.

In my view, a fan will follow where the games go. I bought the PSP back then just for Monster Hunter. Then I bought a second 3DS just to play the Japanese version of Monster Hunter 4. I also bought a Vita, just in case they decide to make one for it.

Hmmm
            Well spoken
            As a fellow MH fan I can respect that

• Ruins72

On psp, Vita no. Sorry but the fanbase doesn’t automatically carry over, it doesn’t work that way. A ton of psp owners either never got a vita and have stopped playing MH or just bought a 3ds to keep playing the new MH games. Besides a lot of people sided with Nintendo after finding out it was Sony’s fault we never got P3rd. They’ve stopped caring about MH, so why would we want them to have it?

Oh yeah
            Then why is it when MHFG was announced for the vita people started going crazy
            Go anywhere people WANT MH on the vita
            Hell even now what did he say
            He wishes it was on the vita.
            And yeah it goes both ways
            Many feel betrayed by Capcom
            They are playing Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice.

• Ruins72

It’s because it’s frontier, people will go crazy no matter what platform it’s on man. It’s a MH MMO with tons of exclusive monsters, weapons and mechanics and it’s been a PC/xbox in Japan exclusive for how long now? Years my friend, years. And like I said SONY doesn’t care about MH anymore, they’re the reason we never got P3rd, not even on psp :T

SONY doesn’t care exactly
            People who own Sony products DO care

• Ruins72

and you don’t see the problem there?

No actually
            I like MH
            But really If Sony didn’t do this I would be like some MH fans and miss out on good titles like SSD, Toukiden, ROA, etc
            I feel that it’s for the best
            Lol
            I’m actually just waiting for Capcom to release a game on the vita using the PR engine…hmmm Maybe its possible maybe not

• Ruins72

From what I know Panta Rhei is a next gen only game engine so I doubt it’ll be used in any vita games or portable games in general. They’ll probably stick with the MT Framework engine, after all it can do a hell of a lot. Look at Dragon’s Dogma, that game was amazing :O

*sigh*
            Dragons Dogma
            Anyway I still think that the will release a PR game on the vita……..
            Just dumb it down a little…ok alot

• Guest

That or piracy.

• Ruins72

And are any of those PSP games? Does Toukiden’s PSP version really look better than MH4? How about you actually read the comment before trying to stick up for anyone or anything.

For reference this is Toukiden’s PSP version and screens from MH4 on 3ds:

He said
            “Gotta wait MH5 or something cuz i don’t want go back playing PSP level graphics of MH4/G.”
            meaning that the 3DS has PSP graphics (Cause MH4 wasn’t on the PSP now was it)
            Now I would say he’s exaggerating
            SO therefore hes talking about the 3DS
            The original comment said
            “Man wish this was on the vita.”
            So now i.m going to compare The Vita and The 3DS

Maybe you need to read between the lines before you come off acting like a a**

• Ruins72

Or maybe you should actually read the comment I was replying to and try to make the connection. I was calling him out on him saying that the 3ds had psp graphics, how is that hard to understand? I don’t even need to read between the lines because he makes himself quite clear. And I’m the ass, pfft…

So
            Yeah he blew it out of proportion but the fact he was trying to get across
            Vita is more powerful than the 3DS that it makes what ever the 3DS produces look like a PSP game.
            ^thats what he made clear

• Ruins72

I see what YOU’RE saying, I get that you’re saying that’s how it looks in comparison but that’s not what he was saying. He said that they’re PSP graphics, not that the Vita makes them look that way. anyway I posted some comparison pics in a comment above that are better than my first 2. I was busy so I couldn’t sit and do a better job. You can have a look if you want.

• Lastlight

As i said before He blew it out of proportion
            He said PSP LEVEL graphics not PSP graphics per se.
            AND he also said he agrees with the person who posted the main comment, who said he wished for a MH on the Vita.
            Therefore he really wants a MH with vita LEVEL graphics. *look at the image of Toukiden on the vita above*
            That destroys the PSP LEVEL graphics of the 3DS

• Ruins72

Except obviously the 3ds’ graphics aren’t psp level. And saying something is psp level means it’s the same quality. You’re just going in circles, and I don’t understand why this is proving so hard for you to understand >.>

Lol
            You keep missing the part where I said the blew it out of proportion

• Ruins72

No I’m not, the last part of your comment says that vita Toukiden destroys the 3ds’ “psp level graphics”. I’ve already addressed him enough, now you’re the one who’s saying it. Punctuation is an important part of making yourself understood man. Putting that ** part in is pretty much starting a new sentence since you did it the way you did :T

• Lastlight

Basically I said that last line because it IS what he want’s
            Let me put this out there I want a MH for the Vita
            I really do, but its not for the graphics, if because I know for a fact that the Gameplay will be superior.
            Now to what HE was saying
            He want’s it because the Graphics will be superior
            Let me rephrase that sentence for you.

Therefore he really wants a MH with vita LEVEL graphicst hat destroys the PSP LEVEL graphics of the 3DS.

Let me say this once
            PS vita is superior to the 3DS graphically

^^^
            Stop blowing this out of proportion

When ever you see that just say this in your head.

“all he means to say, is that the Vita is superior to the 3DS graphically”

Which is why he said
            “I agree”

to

“Man wish this was on the vita. Imagine an almost ps3 graphic game of monster hunter in the palm of your hand.”

• Lastlight

He said PSP LEVEL graphics not PSP graphics per se.
            That destroys the PSP LEVEL graphics of the 3DS

Ok If you get this then

You keep missing the part where I said he blew it out of proportion

Bam!! then

Vita is more powerful than the 3DS that it makes what ever the 3DS produces look like a PSP level (I’ll just add this in there) game.
            BUT its blown out of proportion. But its still not false

Ready??

That’s he agrees that he would like to see another proper MH *cough MH5* on the vita

Its not a circle and its not that hard to follow

Stop right there

You really just said that

Play Kiillzone Mercenary
            solid Graphics
            Solid frame rate

Play Gravity Rush
            Solid Graphics
            Solid gameplay

Soul Sacrifice Delta
            Solid Graphics’
            Solid Gameplay

Want more?

Oh yeah look at Conception 2
            released on BOTH the Vita and the 3DS
            Need I say more
            The vita version made the 3DS version look like a sorry Templar because it got Assassinated by the Vita version.
            Now Conception 2 made the 3DS version look like a PSP game and thats something I saw with my own eyes

• Ruins72

Did I say all good looking games on vita have bad frame rates? and you just named 3 or 4 out of how many games for the vita? And the other guy was the one blowing things out of proportion? Also, like I said I’m going by what Vita owners I know have said. Also, I just looked up conception 2 gameplay for both systems and like I said the difference isn’t that dramatic at all. That game is not a strong case for your point, and you should stop exaggerating, it makes it hard to take your side of the debate seriously, and I really do want to.

*Sigh*

“Did I say all good looking games on vita have bad frame rates?”

You didn’t specify, you said

“and while yes the vita has more graphical capabilities that means nothing if it can’t maintain a consistent and strong frame rate for THOSE GAMES”

“and you just named 3 or 4 out of how many games for the vita”

Did you miss the part where I asked, want more?

“Also, like I said I’m going by what Vita owners I know have said”

I’m a Vita Owner

“Also, I just looked up conception 2 gameplay for both systems and like I said the difference isn’t that dramatic at all”

1st. When did I say anything about gameplay? this whole thing is about the graphics don’t switch it up.
            Hmm let me specify. The GRAPHICS were PSP worthy
            My friend brought in his 3DS and I brought my Vita and we compared the two. Even he agreed that the 3DS version was poor. It was pixelated and muddy.

• Ruins72

1. I never said all good looking games on Vita have bad framerates, don’t put words in my mouth.

2. You being a Vita owner doesn’t change the fact that it’s obviously a problem for some owners when it shouldn’t be. Don’t be stupid or a fanboy.

3. ARE YOU STUPID? What the hell are the graphics there for huh? So you can process what’s going on i.e the freaking gameplay. When I say I looked up gameplay it’s so I could look at the graphics you dumbass. Do you play all your games blind? Can you have gameplay on a VIDEO game without some kind of visuals? This is the kind of crap that gets to me, when someone is sooo desperate to make a “point” that they just let go of reason and start spewing the most nonsensical crap as long as it sounds remotely supportive of what they’re trying to say.

When you grow a damn brain then you can come back and say something. Until then you’re better off letting a Vita owner who actually knows how to think do the talking.

• Lastlight

Are you typing just to type

1.” If it’s blown out of proportion then it’s false lol, because it’s exaggerated. An exaggerated truth is no longer a “truth”. And the difference between the vita and 3ds games released so far has NOT been big enough to warrant a comparison like this to be honest. Each system has their stunners, and while yes the vita has more graphical capabilities that means nothing if it can’t maintain a consistent and strong frame rate for those games, which is something every Vita owner I know complains about.”

Then you said

“Did I say all good looking games on vita have bad frame rates?”

I didn’t put words in your mouth when in fact those are your words
            rather you didn’t specify, do you read??
            How many times do I have to repeat myself?

2. So you display my observations + others that had similar experiences to me for the ones you know..hmmm seems legit.

3. Look I brought up the Conception 2 game to prove to you that the graphics aren’t the same….
            You go on youtube (Which doesn’t accurately show the differences) to look at the differences and tell me it not that different.
            Are you stupid or are you dumb.

If that’s the case BF4 must look the same on a PC and a PS4 cause I looked up a comparison on youtube than with the two systems infront of me.

Please stop.

• Ruins72

1. What happened to readin between the lines eh? That skill you’re so proud to have going by your other posts.

2. Again, if other Vita owners are saying they’ve had trouble with some games then the problem exists, just because you yourself haven’t run into them doesn’t mean the problem’s not there. You have a problem take it up with whoever said it not me.

3. If the difference is as MASSIVE as you claim it is then youtube would show that just fine, and I even did notice a difference, it just wasn’t that big. Try harder.

Again, you’re not making any sense. You keep either ignoring my points or contradicting your own, let a Vita owner with a clear head to the talking.

I’m legit done with you
            Cause if you can’t get the fact that the vita is superior to the 3DS when it come to producing visuals
            Your hopeless

• Ruins72

And you’re still missing the point. I never said the 3ds looks better than the Vita or that the games look the same. I even acknowledge that in the one game you provided that’s on both there is a difference, just not a massive one like you love to imply. But if you’re done trying and failing to understand then great, you’d be better off putting that energy towards something else :3

• Ruins72

oh MY GOD you really aren’t reading at all are you!? THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONCEPTION 2 ON VITA AND 3DS IS NOT THAT DRASTIC. That’s what I said, because that’s the game you used as the benchmark for the graphics of the same game on these 2 systems. geez

Lol
            Since you don’t believe Its not that drastic read the facts.
            What do they say.
            Forget about my comparison for a second I have something better FACTS

• Ruins72

And you’re still not getting it oh my god, and don’t think you can just dismiss your OWN example now because it was a bad one. You brought that out as a “show” of how Vita makes 3ds games look like psp games in comparison, and the game you chose looks hardly any different on either system. And are those facts comparing conception 2 on either system? If not they hold absolutely no bearing in this, since you’re the one telling me the difference is huge you should be able to give me RELEVANT facts. unless you actually think that conception is pushing both to their limits? PFFT

OMG
            Look at the FACTS

If you just LOOK AND READ THE FACTS
            You would see that it ACTUALLY proves my conception 2 claim with cold hard numbers!!

• Ruins72

except it doesn’t AT ALL. Giving me the stats of both systems does nothing to show me that game’s performance on either system, neither vita or 3ds. do you not get how these things work? Just because a lot of games look dramatically better on vita does NOT mean that the same goes for EVERY SINGLE ONE. That should be obvious >.> And for your information I did look at those links, but showing me what both systems are capable of at their max does nothing to show the performance of any individual game, but again that should be obvious. Anyway, back to something actually relevant to both the article AND the original comment, if you play Portable 3rd on Vita is STILL looks worse than even 3U by far, so again they’re not “psp level” graphics and if you can’t see that those words imply 3ds graphics = psp graphics then I’m just going to assume that english isn’t your first language. And there’s nothing wrong with that, you really shouldn’t be arguing about wording if that’s the case.

• shuyai

dude biased much? big picture for Toukiden then tiny picture for MH4 to makes it looks better and what’s worst comparing Toukiden on psp to MH4 on 3DS

• Ruins72

Shuyai that’s the point. The comment i was talking about said MH4 had PSP graphics. Did you even read the thing?

• Ruins72

I couldn’t add new images into my other comment so I had to reply again. Anyway I was in a rush before and there aren’t many screens for PSP toukiden, which is what’s being compared. I got the toukiden pic’s dimensions, and got MH4 images of the new size. Compare the Toukiden pics to the new MH4 pics if you want a better comparison, and why not compare Portable 3rd to 3U (3ds) and 4 while we’re at it? A final note, the only MH games to feature dynamic shadows and reflections have been on 3ds and WiiU (which was a port of the 3ds game). Oh and in case you think I’m using wiiU screens (lol) you can tell the difference b/w them by looking at how dark the shadows are and the bloom. The WiiU version is bloom crazy.

EDIT: For some reason Zamtrios’ (sharky’s) pic is showing up twice >.>

• ishyg

I disagree with vanilla Soul Sacrifice (the textures are terrible compared to Toukiden), but Delta is quite pretty.

ARGH
            lol sorry that’s what I meant
            SSD is so good I just forget about the original SS

• http://www.facebook.com/MHKogath Kogath

“Steve” was also mentioned to be huntable at TGS.

• Namuro

Talk about “Steve”, I have a feeling that they’ll localize his name as “Stephen” or something. LOL

• Namuro

Oh wow, I just noticed that it’s you, Kogath! Been following your MonHun stuff for a long time now!

So, will you be getting 4G?

• http://www.facebook.com/MHKogath Kogath

Oh yeah. Definitely gonna transfer my save over from MH4.

• Namuro

Nice!

By the way, can I ask for your FC?

Mine is: 0018-1230-4115

The ID name is: ナムロ

• http://www.facebook.com/MHKogath Kogath

4527 – 8421 – 1496

Kogath

• Namuro

Ahh… Only 3 months to go. My body is ready… My wallet is ready… My 3DS is ready…!

Bring it on!!!

• Frenzytoast

If this years TGS is anything like last years… there will be 2-4 3Ds’ with the demo available. The demo time will be 10 minutes long. Meaning 6 demos per hour per 3DS x 8 hours… = 96 to 192 demos for the day.

Even if they change the demo time this year to 5 minutes your chances of playing are very low. 2013 raked in 270197 attendees. So, for those in Japan… lets say that the demo is 5 minutes long. That’s 384 demos for the day. Your chances of playing, based on 2013 attendance and what I saw last year…. are around 1 in 700 attendees.

And reserve times fill up FAST.

Good luck, I won’t be attending this year. It’s not even worth my time.

• ishyg

I’ll be attending. At least I have a picture of how things will go. I am not that interested with MH, so this demo will keep others at bay. More for me I guess.

I do remember last year’s TGS have fewer booths, and that’s because MH4 was already released. IIRC TGS 2011 or 2012 have bigger MH booths, and that’s where all the cool kids lined up. Also, they give this stubs at the entrance, so people who have supporters club tickets gets them first. Paying premium sure has its perks.

• triablos

Is that image going to be used on the box art? It looks like it with all that ‘flagship monster looks down on prepared hunter’ that’s typical with monhun boxarts

• J_Joestar

is it just me or does the face sorta resemble an agnaktor’s beak a bit?

Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.

Siliconera Tests