New details emerged regarding the upcoming Nintendo Switch port of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Confirmed by Atlus during the game’s 2nd Anniversary livestream event in November 2021, the game is scheduled to release in April 2022. Now, it turns out there will be new weapons in it. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]
The Switch version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will include 26 new weapons and pieces of equipment. These will be added to the game’s Battle mode. Players will be able to choose one of two for each protagonist.
Here’s the list of weapons.
- Juro Kurabe: Armor-Piercing Cannon or High-Powered Plasma Arc Cutter
- Megumi Yakushiji: High Pulse Laser or Piercing Multi-Lock Missiles
- Ei Sekigahara: Hurricane Rush or Multi-Launcher Surface-to-Ground Missiles
- Iori Fuyusaka: Multi-Rocket Launcher or Plasma Smasher
- Keitaro Miura: EMP Long-Range Missile or Carpet Bomber
- Natsuno Minami: High-Precision Machine Cannon or Wide-Range Railgun
- Shu Amiguchi: Point-Lock Missile or Enhanced Generator
- Yuki Takamiya: Quad Leg Spikes or Active Cooler
- Takatoshi Hijiyama: Anti-Air Demolishing Blade or Reinforced Actuators
- Tomi Kisaragi: Ultra-Long Range Missiles or High-Performance Charger
- Nenji Ogata: High-Performance Charger or Wide-Range Suppression Rockets
- Ryoko Shinonome: Hacking Missile or Random Shot
- Renya Gouto: EMP Spike or Teleport Field
13: Sentinels: Aegis Rim follows 13 mecha-driving protagonists across multiple time periods. They fight to defend their home against invading monsters. Developed by Vanillaware, the game utilizes the company’s 2D style along with 3D strategic combat.
Siliconera named 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim its PlayStation 4 Game of the Year in 2020. It also conducted an interview with the game’s Lead Editor Allie Doyon and Voice Director Christian Le Monte to find out more about how the pandemic impacted the game’s English localization.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is available on the PlayStation 4. The Nintendo Switch port will go on sale in Japan on April 14, 2022 and April 12, 2022 in North America and Europe.