Daemon X Machina producer Kenichiro Tsukuda appeared on Nintendo UK’s livestream at Gamescom today to show off the Body Modification feature for the player’s avatar (called the Outer), and more.
Here are the highlights:
- You can modify your Outer and upgrading abilities such as your movement speed and jumping ability. It also changes your appearance, and the skills on your Outer carry over to the Arsenal you pilot as well.
- The Outers are “superhumans” who were affected by FEMTO energy, and have been cast out of human society for this reason. Yet they are the ones fighting for humanity’s survival.
- You can play as your Outer on foot, and Nintendo showed off a mission that takes place in new area at night. The protagonist needs to infiltrate an enemy base, and steal an Arsenal.
- The Arsenals have been designed to make players feel like they are a futuristic warrior, like a knight or samurai.
- The hangar is the point where players can start multiplayer, and the game supports up to four players and Arsenals. Both local and online multiplayer is supported. However, there is also an option to have up to 3 AI characters work alongside players to play co-op missions in singleplayer as well. Finally, there will be other multiplayer options, but Tsukuda will introduce these at a future date.
- Targeting the weak points is crucial to defeating the bosses in this game. You can also take fallen boss parts and use them to shoot the boss itself as well. After defeating the boss, you can take it back to R & D, and create an Arsenal-sized version for use in future missions.
- FEMTO Energy is another resource players will need to manage, and is something like an MP meter. There are enemies who will sap the energy, and there will be parts that protect against this as well.
Here’s the full video below:
Daemon X Machina releases on the Nintendo Switch in 2019.