Marvelous and Brownies announced in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine that a new Bokujou Monogatari/Story of Seasons game is in the works, and they’re not talking about the upcoming Doraemon one. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Bandai Namco’s Koji Nakajima-san is a fan of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature and started the project after wanting to make a Doraemon game.
- Doraemon: Nobita’s Story of Seasons has a fully-complete main story, unlike previous entries from Story of Seasons.
- The theme is about family, with a main story that focuses on family’s love.
- Players will mostly work on the ranch, and they say it can be pretty tough to start out.
- Doraemon’s Secret Gadgets will basically be there to help out on parts that you’ve always felt were an inconvenience in the regular Story of Season games.
- For example, the “At Gun-Gun” makes it so that crops immediately grow, however, since it is a consumable item you’ll want to be selective on how to use it.
- Lastly, Hikaru Nakano at Marvelous says “We’re also moving forward on the production of a separate new game for Bokujou Monogatari. We plan to further expand on Bokujou Monogatari from this point onward.
Doraemon: Nobita’s Story of Seasons releases for Nintendo Switch in Japan on June 13, 2019. You can check out its latest trailer, screenshots, and details in our previous report. A new Bokujou Monogatari game is also in development for smartphones by Tencent Games.