Digimon Survive producer Katsuaki Tsuzuki and producer and chief producer Kazumasa “Habumon” Habu shared the latest on Digimon Survive and reminded us that a new Digimon Story is still in the works in an interview in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]
- A new Digimon Story game is in development, but its development will still take some time.
- For that reason, we’re creating Digimon Survive to have some new content until then. We’d be glad to see it become a third Digimon series.
- Digimon Survive has characters that die depending on the choices you make, and things that we couldn’t really do in the anime will also occur.
- While it doesn’t mean that the ending has that many branches, but the scenario does branch out based on the detailed choices the player makes.
- Currently, it is mostly split up into three routes. I think it’d be nice if we could put together an extra route.
- Battles, too, will have things such as enemy and ally statuses, and even victory conditions, change depending on the choices you make.
- The Digimon evolutions will also change based on your scenario selections.
- The game has over 100 Digimon along with some extras. There’s less focus on the number of Digimon, but rather, Digimon that were chosen to fit the atmosphere of the world.
- We’d like to keep expanding on the worlds of game original Digimon.
- Development for Digimon Survive is at 30%.
Digimon Survive releases in North America and Europe in 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. It releases in Japan in 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.