This weekend was a pretty busy one for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, as they held their Las Vegas Fan Festival and shared more on the 2.4 update and upcoming expansion. Famitsu put together a recap for the big announcements from the event.
The biggest news from the Fan Festival, is definitely the announcement and teaser trailer for the upcoming expansion, called Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward.
According to producer and director Naoki Yoshida, there are several meanings behind the logo designed by Yoshitaka Amano.
The main scenario in Heavensward will be about the Dragonsong War, the bloody thousand-year conflict between Ishgard and Dravania. It will revolve around the Wyrmking and the Twelve Knights.
In addition to a level cap increase that takes all classes (including crafters and gatherers) to level 60, there will be massive new areas in the expansion, along with an all-new race, that is not the “Viangaa” as many have speculated.
The expansion also adds multiple new jobs. During the events, Yoshi-P hinted that one of them will be the Dark Knight, as he made several Batman references. Square Enix might reveal some more on that at the London Fan Festival on October 25th.
As far as primals go, there will be multiple new ones as well, including one that will be an original primal for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
Now that the Binding Coil of Bahamut will come to an end, challenging new dungeons and high-end raids will be there for end-game players. Yoshi-P emphasized that there will be a bunch of new dungeons, and not just three or four.
The 3.0 update will also have airships that can be built by Free Companies. More content on the airship will be available through future patches and updates.
They also showed a closer look at the fourth city-state of Ishgard, which you can check out in our earlier report.
Here are some more tidbits of information that was shared during the event:
- The new Tomestone will be called the “Allagan Tomestone of Poetics”.
- Each job class has two other classes they can gain a few abilities from as cross-classes. For Ninja, it will be Lancer and Pugilist.
- Relic Weapons will be easier to get as the Atma drop rates will increase by more than 50% and books for Animus will also be cheaper as well.
- Primals will drop mounts more frequently in 2.4, and Leviathan’s Mirror drop rate will also increase.
- Eternal Bond (marriage system) will be available on the 2.45 update.
- The Second Coil of Bahamut will be a little less difficult, but not by much. Starting 2.4, there won’t be any weekly restrictions for drops.
- The Gold Saucer will launch sometime in during the 2.5 updates, and will also have Chocobo Racing as part of its many features.
- Players will also get to breed Chocobos sometime in 2.5 as well.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will also get the Triple Triad card game sometime in the near future.
Yoshi-P concluded the stage event with the famous Hildibrand pose.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn’s expansion will release sometime in Spring 2015. The 2.4 update launches on October 28, 2014.