A new Animal Crossing: New Horizons patch has arrived. The bad news is, 1.3.1 doesn’t add anything new to the game. The good news is, it fixes some problems that could keep you from making the most of your adventures on the island. (It also keeps those rogue hermit crabs in line! They’re a menace!)
When the July 3, 2020 update appeared, people had access to a new item, the wet suit. To make it easy for people to buy this new clothing item/tool, one was supposed to be sold each day both in Nook’s Cranny and the Nook Shopping app. That wasn’t happening, and after this new patch it will.
A more humorous issue involved Animal Crossing’s hermit crabs. They’re supposed to only appear on beaches, as you’ll see the shell, approach it thinking it is just a shell, then see it move and reveal itself as a hermit crab. It’s natural camouflage in action. But after the update and before this patch, hermit crabs were showing up in areas they shouldn’t. This fix herds them back to the shores.
Here are the full Animal Crossing: New Horizons patch 1.3.1 notes from Nintendo’s support site. Zen bridges and dialogue bubbles will be working better too!
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.3.1” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- Fixed the following issues:
- Addressed issue where players could not properly use a zen bridge or red zen bridge placed on top of a cliff (third tier).
- Addressed issue where a wet suit would not be available for sale within Nook’s Cranny.
- Addressed issue where hermit crabs would appear in places other than the beach.
- Addressed issue where a dialogue bubble would improperly appear after speaking with island residents.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is available for the Nintendo Switch. Animal Crossing patch 1.3.1 is available and must be downloaded if you want to continue to play online with other people.