Anonymous;Code is still alive and kicking, but won’t release in 2019, according to MAGES president Chiyomaru Shikura. In an interview in this week’s issue of Famitsu, he revealed a few more details about the game, as well as Mages’ recent buyout. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089!]
Here are the highlights:
- The recent management buyout was done in order so that they could continue working on all of their projects. From now on, all games under 5pb. and Mages will now be consolidated under the Mages brand.
- The theme going forward for their games is how they can merge animation and visual novels together.
- Anonymous;Code (announced in 2015) will not release in 2019. However, he doesn’t want the game to come out later than the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Shikura mentions that he already has ideas for the next few games in his head, but they’ll have to wait for their turn.
- Anonymous;Code is something of a culmination of the Science Adventure series, as part of the game’s purpose is to tie up loose ends from across the series. Some characters from the other titles in the series may appear.
Anonymous;Code is in development for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Nintendo Switch.