The current batch of Arcade Archives NEO GEO games is starting to run low, and at TGS 2018 Hamster went on stage to announce the next games coming to the lineup.
The following games will be added to the Arcade Archives NEO GEO line:
- Puzzle Bobble (Taito)
- Puzzle Bobble 2 (Taito, MVS version)
- The King of Fighters 2001 (SNK)
- ZuPaPa! (SNK)
- Futsal – 5 on 5 Mini Soccer (SNK)
- Savage Reign (SNK)
- Strikers 1945 Plus (Psikyo)
Furthermore, for the regular Arcade Archives lineup, the following titles are on the way:
- Alpha Mission (SNK, PS4/Switch)
- Ninja-Kid II (UPL, Switch)
- Route 16 (Sunsoft, PS4/Switch)
- Urban Champion (Nintendo, Switch)
- Athena (SNK, PS4/Switch)
- Ikari Warriors (SNK, PS4/Switch)
- Donkey Kong Jr. (Nintendo, Switch)
- Image Fight (Irem, PS4/Switch)
The SNK games on this list such as Ikari Warriors and Athena are part of the Shin Nihon Keikaku titles mentioned during the thank-you event for 1 million downloads that took place in March 2018. While these games had a special set of controls in the arcade, they have been adjusted to work with twin joysticks.
Image Fight was one of the special announcements for Hamster, as they also announced that with this title, they have become able to port 16-bit CPU games that were popular in the late 80’s with consistent quality.
The first game that is set to come out is Arcade Archives Alpha Mission, which will come out in October 2018. The other games do not currently have release dates, and aren’t ordered in terms of release order either.
Arcade Archives is available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.