Gust revealed in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine that Atelier Lidy & Soeur will release in Japan this winter for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
The game features the two protagonists of:
- Lidy Marlen (CV: Maria Naganawa): A calm-type character.
- Soeur Marlen (CV: Hikaru Akao): Contrary to her older sister, an energetic-type.
Lidy and Soeur are twin sisters of a small atelier in Adarett Kingdom’s capital city Merveille. The story revolves around a mysterious world found inside a painting the two discover.
This time around, it’ll be an adventure that takes place inside paintings. We’ll also be seeing a dramatic change in the synthesis system. Battles feature a Combination Battle system that has groups of pairs. You’ll also get to use synthesis during battles.
First-print copies of the game include costumes of Marie from Atelier Marie and Elie from Atelier Elie.
Other highlights from Famitsu:
- 3D models are said to have been vastly improved for this title.
- Possibly the conclusion of the Mysterious series.
- No protagonist selection.
- Since it’ll be an adventure inside a painting, Gust originally had idea of having you adventure past Atelier games, Blue Reflection, and such through paintings. However, this idea was rejected after considering the world setting.
- Although, there might be a little something [laughs].
- You’ll meet residents living inside the painting.
Atelier Lidy & Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting is in development for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita. The game is priced at 7,300 yen on PS4 and Switch or 10,300 yen for the limited edition. The PS Vita version costs 6,300 yen standard and 9,300 yen for the limited edition.