Koei Tecmo and Gust shared the latest on Atelier Ryza 2 with details on its new battle system and an introduction for four sub-characters in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Here are some highlights on the new battle system called the “Real-Time Tactics Battle” in Atelier Ryza 2:
- When you timely guard an enemy attack, you’ll gain 2 AP. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll take less damage. There’s also some kind of risk involved in mistiming the guard.
- When meeting conditions for the Action Order, you can activate powerful Order Skills.
- By accumulating AP, you can use Skillchains to launch successive skills. Skillchains also increase power and CC acquisition.
- You can fill up a meter that increases your ‘TLv’ by using skills. The TLv allows you to use skills without consuming AP.
- When you reach max TLv when a character reaches a certain level, they can activate a special attack called Fatal Drive.
- CC increases with skill usage. You can accumulate CC to use consecutive items (up to four).
- There’s also a special attack called Core Drive that is based on using items.
The following are details on the latest sub-characters:
Zephine Boudoin (CV: Rikako Aida): Owner and poster girl of a cafe in the royal capital’s academy district. She enjoys gossip and comforting others.
Cassandra Capelli (CV: Sayumi Suzushiro): Eldest daughter of a farming family in the royal capital’s agriculture district. Cassandra is the eldest of five sisters.
Romy Vogel (CV: Yuki Nagaku): Romy appeared in the first game. She still talks like a child but has a body described as that of Hana Uzaki’s from Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Romy has settled down in the royal capital.
Lastly, the magazine has details on the cafe location. The cafe is where you’ll accept various requests. The bulletin board changes daily with requests that range from taking orders to multi-part side stories.
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy will release in Japan for the PS5, PS4, and Switch on December 3, 2020. The game will release for PC via Steam in January 2021. Gust is aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release. In case you missed it, check our interview with producer Junzo Hosoi.