Gust shared new details for Atelier Ryza in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine with a focus on its battle system with features like Mode Change, Tactics Level, AP, items, Break & Breakdown, and more. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
- In battle you’ll control one character at a time while the other party members are on automatic.
- L1 and R1 are used to switch between characters.
- You’ll get to swiftly enter commands for each party member while looking at the time line.
- You’ll also get to switch out some scenes.
- You can’t switch out party members during battle.
- You wipe if three members of the party get knocked out.
- Party members can be set with front and back rows.
- Aggressive – Party members use skills. Consumes AP.
- Negative – Only normal attacks. Best for saving AP.
AP (Action Point)
- Increases when using normal attacks, defeating enemies, and more.
- Resets after each battle.
- Increases by 1 when you press the touchpad at full AP.
- The maximum is 5 and it resets after each battle.
- When Tactics Level increases, it makes normal attacks do multiple hits and also allows for some special attacks (Ones that say Lv 5 required and such).
- Characters can use special attacks once per battle.
- Consumes Core Charge to use. Does not recover after battles.
- For recovering health, you can check out “flowers” on the field, convert during battles, and more. However, items that have been converted can’t be used until you return to base.
- Item equipment all have their own dexterity requirements.
- There are times when one recipe can change into two.
- After advancing through the story you’ll get a pot used to duplicate items.
Break & Breakdown
- When you make an enemy’s Break value reach 0 it increases their damage takenm and another Break puts them into Breakdown status that basically does a Break on the other enemies.
Enemy Special Attacks
- Enemies can also cast special attacks but you can interrupt them by getting them into Break status.
- Can be used with 10 AP. This allows you to use skills and item while ignoring their cooldown.
- You can choose high and low quality options for Synthesis
- These can use rare materials, so you’ll want to be careful when using it.
- After exploring with Gathering Grounds Synthesis, you’ll need to use items called Gems in order to re-explore the same ground.
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout releases for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan on September 26, 2019. The game releases for PS4, Switch, and PC in North America on October 29, 2019 and in Europe on November 1, 2019. Check our previous report for a look at Ryza’s Premium Box bonus costume.