Capcom presented its business divisional strategies and projections going into the fiscal year ending March 2019, and it includes plans to release two major titles. Monster Hunter: World also reached a new milestone.
Yesterday we reported that Monster Hunter: World reached 7.9 million in worldwide shipments as of March 31, 2018. In an updated report from Capcom, it’s been revealed that Monster Hunter: World has hit the 8 million milestone as of April 16, 2018.
Here’s a look at what Capcom has as part of its plans to promote global expansion of major titles as well as plans to launch mobile titles developed through alliances:
- Promote global expansion of major brands
- Monster Hunter: World broke 8 million units* shipped; aim to grow global unit sales with continued promotion, and with PC version (*As of April 16, 2018)
- As with Title Update One (March 22) and Title Update Two (April 19), will release multiple updates to maintain players’ interest and catalog sales
- Planning to release 2 major titles.
- Growing earnings with digital downloads of new and catalog titles
- Digital revenue forecast: 46.3% Consumer net sales
- Mobile Strategies
- Launch Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 for Android/iOS in April
- Expand alliances both in Japan and overseas leveraging our IP