The latest issue of Famitsu has an interview with Mages president Chiyomaru Shikura. In it, he stated his desire to create a Science Adventure series crossover after his latest title, Anonymous;Code, is released. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
The Science Adventure Series is a collection of adventure games released by Mages, so far consisting of Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, Chaos;Child, Occultic;Nine, and the upcoming Anonymous;Code.
In the interview, Shikura said he wants to make a game in the series with a story similar to Avengers or Super Robot Wars–in other words, a crossover story. He also expressed interest in creating more adventure games based on IPs, such as Neon Genesis Evangelion and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Here are some of the highlights from the interview with Chiyomaru Shikura:
- “Although this is going to be after Anonymous;Code gets released, I want to create a game in the Science Adventure series that looks like Super Robot Wars or Avengers.”
- “Characters that appeared in the Science Adventure series will gather in a building with an original story developing.”
- “Regarding the games business, I will continue aiming to release about 10 games per year and moving multiple lines.”
- “In the first period of last year, we released 2 games, and at most, we could release nearly 20 games per year including ports. The amount of staff members hasn’t changed from that time, so I think we can realize a 10-games-per-year quota as is.”
- “In Anonymous;Code, the topics are getting revised in the midst of daily evolutions of chemistry and gadgets. It also takes time to do validation work to ensure integrity with other titles.”
- “I want to hold a presentation and present the progress and release timeframe within this year.”
- “Anonymous;Code‘s protagonist will wrongly guess that the player is a hacker while progressing through the story.”
- “With getting an anime adaptation as a premise, I showed intense scenes with a manga-style presentation during development. By choosing speech balloons and frames, [the story] may branch or the quotes may change a little.”
- “I want to try making [games] like Evangelion Elite and Madoka Magica Elite.”
Anonymous;Code will be released for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Nintendo Switch “next winter.”