Comcept have shared a few more details about their planned “potential DLC” for Mighty No. 9, which they teased a few weeks back. This DLC, Comcept say, is another piece of content that depends on extra funding from slacker-backers.
The plan is for the DLC to feature a new level and boss—Beck’s rival, Ray. (That’s a tentative name for now.) Ray has a hole in his chest where his core should be, and is slowly deteriorating over time. Like Beck, he can absorb other robots, but unlike Beck, he actually needs to absorb others in order to survive.
So, how much will it cost to incorporate Ray and his stage into the game? $198,000, apparently. Comcept have provided a breakdown of the costs, and this is what it looks like:
- Game design (character + stage): $19,000
- Graphic design (character + stage): $14,000
- Modeling (character + stage): $25,000
- Animation (character + stage): $50,000
- Effects (character + stage) $24,000
- 2D assets (stage): $6,000
- 3D assets (stage): $20,000
- Programming (character + stage): $32,000
- Sound (character + stage): $8,000
- Total: $198,000
Comcept say they worked with developer Inti Creates to come up with that figure, which they claim is a “safe estimate” based on their early ideas for the stage. While the total comes to $198,000, the developer says they’ll make Ray accessible to all backers via a DLC code, even if they can gather up $190,000.