For D4 Enterprise’s 15th anniversary, they announced that the Daiva series of ‘active simulation war’ games are getting an enhanced compilation for PC called Daiva Chronicle Re:. [Thanks, DenFamiNicoGamer!]
The Daiva series of games was created by T&E Soft, who was known for the Hydlide series that inspired the game design of The Legend of Zelda and Ys. The entire series consists of seven ‘Stories’ that were released across various PC platforms and Famicom near-simultaneously, making this one of the more ambitious projects in Japan’s gaming history.
Each of the games was set in a different part of the universe, and featured a different protagonist. The games were all action and strategy hybrid games, with the seventh game being a full strategy sim game. Here’s the full list of games below:
- Daiva Story 1: Flame of Vlitra (PC-8801 mkII SR)
- Daiva Story 2: Memory in Durga (FM-77AV/20/40)
- Daiva Story 3: Trial of Nirvana (X1)
- Daiva Story 4: Asura’s Bloodfeud (MSX)
- Daiva Story 5: The Cup of Soma (MSX2)
- Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia (Famicom)
- Daiva Story 7: Light of Kali Yuga (PC-9801 VM/VX)
The games got a compilation release in 2003 as part of D4 Enterprise’s Project EGG, titled Daiva Chronicle, which is being used as a base for this latest rerelease. This latest rerelease adds HD support, and a variety of bonus collectibles such as package art and mini-posters.
Daiva Chronicle Re: is coming to PC in September 2019 in Japan.