A Ver. 1.03 update patch is headed to Dead or Alive 5 soon, and Team Ninja have provided a full list of changes that the patch will implement. We’ve picked some of the changes out below and provided links to the full patch notes as well. Take a look:
System Changes: (find the full list here)
- Upload video replays to Facebook from Spectator mode.
- Upload video replays to YouTube from Spectator mode. (PS3 only)
- Upload screenshots to Facebook from Album mode.
- Added new stage: Zack Island.
- Changed default health from 300 to 270 for all modes except Story.
- Improved lag for online fights in some stages
- (Improved for Scramble, Hot Zone, Home, Fuel stages)
- Player selection in Character Select screen will not be visible to opponent.
- Fixed an issue that caused replays to be saved incorrectly.
- COM opponents select DLC costumes randomly if costumes have been downloaded.
Balance adjustments: (find the full list here)
- Tripled crouching speed against high attacks.
- Fixed reach for down throws being too long when the opponent’s head was close.
- Improved control input to make it harder for derivative followup moves to be triggered accidentally from sidestep.
- All drop (vertical) kicks cannot be tech rolled.
- Lengthened the Critical Burst stun 5F, making followup attacks easier.
- Added a ground shake effect to make sit-down stuns easier to spot.
In addition to the partial list of general changes mentioned above, Team Ninja have also provided character-specific changes that you can find at the same link.
The Ver. 1.03 update patch for Dead or Alive 5 will be released on January 22nd for PlayStation 3 and January 29th for Xbox 360 in North America. Europe will get the 360 patch on January 29th and the PS3 patch on January 23rd.