Koei Tecmo shared the latest on Dead or Alive 6 with an update to its official website showing a new fighter joining the roster with Raidou, a new “Chinese Festival” stage, and details on the game’s modes.
Raidou (CV: Tetsu Inada) – The Regeneration of Brutality
Country : Japan
Age : Classified
Blood Type : Classified
Height/Weight : Classified
Occupation : Classified
Favorite food or drink : Classified
Hobby : Classified
Raidou was thought to be killed during an explosion after the first Dead or Alive tournament, but his body was secretly recovered and experimented on using DOATEC’s biotechnology, and while that leaves Raidou without a mind of his own, he has now devolved into a madman who only craves strength and destruction.
Fighting Style: Modified Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu – With Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu as a base, he uses his mimicry skills to copy various powerful moves of other styles as well. He favors a power-focused fighting style, making use of his colossal physique, using both moves stolen from others, and his own, such as the Tenho-Gorai-Sho and the Rekku-Jinraisatsu.
Chinese Festival (New Stage)
A corner in China Town, with remnants of Spring Festival decorations visible all around. Beware, the ground is littered with unusual fireworks, which may cause explosions if disturbed.
This is a busy back alley, with plenty of spectators. Throw your opponents into an old neon sign board to send sparks flying and boost the damage!
Lastly, here are details on all the modes of Dead or Alive 6 and what they offer:
Experience the Story Mode of Dead or Alive 6.
View exciting and intense cinematics. Progress through the Story Mode to unlock substories focusing on each character. Having trouble? Use character tutorials during gameplay to learn more about the playable character.
This mode consists of clearing quests made up of several missions.
Several rewards including costumes and owner points can be earned by clearing these missions. Playing this mode can allow players to naturally learn the game system.
Tips: Check the Tutorial to see which missions have not been cleared. Challenge them again after some training!
- Versus Fight against the computer or other players locally.
- Arcade – Fight against a random selection of opponents to try to achieve the highest score.
- Time Attack – Fight against a specific number of opponents within a specified time limit.
- Survival – Defeat as many opponents as you can, as they appear one after another.
Learn the basic controls and characters’ moves.
- Free Training – Freely practice various actions with each character.
- Tutorial – Close to 200 training categories available to deepen your understanding of the game system.
- Command Training – Practice button commands and actions with each character.
- Combo Challenge – Test your moves and combo skills of each character in this mode.
- Match – Fight against other players of the same rank online.
- Lobby Match – Details coming soon.
Unlock and purchase content using earned owner points.
- Wardrobe – Unlock and purchase new costumes, hairstyles, accessories, and titles. Customize your main fighter.
- Database – View your fight records.
- Theater – Watch replays and COM vs. COM battles.
- Music – Unlock and purchase new BGM. Change BGM settings for various modes.
- Library – Purchase and view DOA Encyclopedia and Trivia entries.
Dead or Alive 6 releases on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 1, 2019. Check our previous report for its latest trailer featuring Nyotengu, Phase 4, more on combat and features.