Spike Chunsoft revealed two new Danganronpa project last week with the latest game New Danganronpa V3, along with the upcoming anime Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy. Director Kazutaka Kodaka and producer Yoshinori Terasawa shared more details in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hokanko-Alt.]
- When it was time to start making the third installment of the series, the studio was split between wanting to do a sequel or a brand new title, so they decided to make both of them.
- They had originally planned to make an anime series for Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.
- While they wanted to make something with Class Trials for the game, they felt that it would be too much for the Hope’s Peak Academy students to have to kill each other again, so they decided to have it conclude with an anime instead.
- The reason they made it “V3” for the game is to have it differentiate from Danganronpa 3.
- The “V” in the title stands for “Victory.”
- The basic game flow will be the same but with a vastly improved presentation.
- The “Scrum Debate” is split into two sides, so it’ll be like a team competition.
- For the “lies” they’re thinking of having parts where it’ll be absolutely necessary, along with a way to have some kind of shortcut route to it, but they’re having trouble in the making of it.
- “Panic Debate” is a new system, which will be further detailed on a later date.
- Everyday life parts will be improved, where we’ll get to see the appearance of multiple characters and the protagonist having conversations.
- The first visual shown for the game features three characters that will participate in the killing among the more than ten characters. It’s a secret whether the main character is one of the three shown in the image.
- The school is surrounded by gates, but there’s also a garden that you’ll get to step into. The hotel is in the garden as well.
The following parts are notes on the anime:
- The anime takes place right after Danganronpa 2.
- There will be unexpected developments that occur, along with numerous new characters.
- Spike Chunsoft are thinking of something that can only be done through anime.
- This “something” would be way too difficult to do in a game, and it may even be something that has never been done in an anime before.
- There won’t be any deduction elements, but something very suspenseful.
- Working on the two Danganronpa titles is quite difficult, but they’re finishing up without compromise, as it’s a rare occasion to be able to do it.
New Danganronpa V3 will release in Japan in 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy will air in Japan in 2016.