Disgaea 6 will introduce plenty of new features to the series, but it will also bring back past protagonists and heroines as DLC characters. This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine revealed which characters will join later. It also shared their release schedule for Japan. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
The DLC characters will arrive in three waves, with the first arriving in February 2021. The second will arrive in March 2021 and the third in April 2021. Each batch includes four new characters that will cost 500 yen (~$5) each. The exception is Asagi, who will be available for free.
Nippon Ichi Software provided the DLC schedule for Japan:
February 25, 2021
- Adell (from Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories)
- Rozalin (from Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories)
- Laharl-chan (from Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness)
- Asagi (recurring, originally from Makai Kingdom)
March 25, 2021
- Mao (from Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice)
- Rasberyl (from Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice)
- Valvatorez (from Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten)
- Pleinair-chan (recurring, originally from Disgawea: Hour of Darkness)
April 29. 2021
- Fuka (from Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten)
- Desco (from Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten)
- Killia (from Disgaea 5: Alliance of GVengeance)
- Usalia (from Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance)
Each character comes with their own scenario. Furthermore, those who purchase each character will get alternate colors for Asagi, Pleinair, and Usalia.
With that many main characters will join from past Disgaea games, that means Zed will get some good help in taking out the menacing God of Destruction. You can also check here to see how Zed will use the new Super Reincarnation system to eventually defeat the boss.
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny will release for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan on January 28, 2021. The game will release for the Switch in the West in Summer 2021.