During today’s Nintendo Direct they announced Larian Studios’ fantasy RPG Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition releases today for Switch, and it is now available with cross-save support with the PC version via Steam.
From today, you can begin your BAFTA award-winning adventure on the Nintendo Switch and enjoy near-limitless RPG freedom, wherever you are in the world.
For players who wish to continue their adventures, Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition includes cross-saves between Nintendo Switch systems and Steam on PC, which means players are able to upload and download their save files and continue on the go.
Join the battle for Divinity in a world that reacts to who you are, and what you do. Adventure as a flesh-eating Elf, or an imperial Lizard. Play as a mighty Dwarf, or lead your party as an Undead, risen from the grave!
Choose your race and origin. Choose from 6 unique origin characters with their own backgrounds and quests, or create your own hero as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead. All choices have consequences.
Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, and interact with everything! Kill any NPC without sacrificing your progress, and speak to every animal. Even ghosts might be hiding a secret or two…
The next generation of turn-based combat. Blast your opponents with elemental combinations. Use height to your advantage. Master over 200 skills in 12 skill schools. But beware – the game’s AI 2.0 is our most devious invention to date.
Up to four-player online cooperative gameplay for the entire game, spanning over 100 hours of award-winning narrative.
The Switch version is launching alongside the second Gift Bag: free DLC that includes content for new and existing players, on all existing platforms. This content is periodically patched into the game at no extra cost, with more to come over the year.
The Gift Big 1 that released earlier this year included new character customization options. Gift Back 2, titled “Song of Nature,” includes the following:
- Crafter’s Kit – Plenty of new recipes and unique items to craft!
- Endless Runner – Find a new icon in your Hotbar which you can use to toggle sprint on and off. Sprint increases your movement speed of your party and the movement speed of your followers.
- Animal Empathy – Allows all player characters to talk to animals without having to spend a talent point. Also Changes Pet Pal talent to grant maximum positive attitude in all conversations with animals.
- Fort Joy Magic Mirror – Manifests a Magic Mirror in the Arena of Fort Joy, along with a new Character Creation level. This allows you to respec before moving on to the next act of the game.
- 8 Action Points – Increases the base maximum Action Points of hero characters to 8.
- Herb Gardens – Plant your own herb garden! Take any herb and combine it with a bucket to create a seedling.Then just place your seedling in the ground and watch it grow.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition is now available for Nintendo Switch. The game is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.