Capcom have released lengthy new play footage of DmC Devil May Cry. While the footage shows off two levels we’ve already seen before, the combat system is illustrated in greater detail, showing off how you can switch between different weapons during combos, cancelling, and talk of various other combo possibilities in the game. Take a look at it below:
A few notes from the video:
- Rain Storm from Devil May Cry 3 is in.
- No “styles” like in previous DMCs, but their combos can be replicated.
- Instead of rigid styles, weapon-switching is how you customize play-style.
- Some enemies have shields; use heavy-hitting demon weapon to break through.
- Pause combos are in the game. (1, 2, pause, 3, 4, 5),
- One of these (in air) helps you helicopter yourself back into the air.
- There are moves that lift you up, or lift enemies, bring you down, or bring enemies down.
- You can cancel out of an air dash.
DmC Devil May Cry will be released on January 15th, 2013 in North America.