Dragon Quest Builders might look a lot like Minecraft with a focus on the crafting and building aspect of the game, but this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine shows how it actually has a lot more story elements than expected. [Thanks, @Kazu4281.]
- After defeating the first Golem boss on the starting continent, the game will take you to the next continent called Rimuldar, which is the same name of a town located on the southeastern continent of Alefgard in the first Dragon Quest game.
- Rimuldar was once a prosperous continent, but lately there’s been some kind of sickness plaguing its lands.
- The nun named “Eru” wants to make a hospital for the sick people of Rimuldar.
- Your task as the protagonist will be to help her in making the hospital. Once the hospital is up and running, the town will have more people show up.
- There’s a man called “Old Doctor Gen” somewhere out there. He’ll be of help at Eru’s hospital, but he says there’s something that he wants to do before returning to town.
- Rimuldar has enemies such as Caterpillars, Tearwolves, and Walking Corpses.
Dragon Quest Builders will release in Japan on January 28, 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.