Square Enix shared the latest details on Dragon Quest XI with information on abilities and spells for the protagonist and his loyal comrade Camus in this week’s issue of Jump magazine. [Thanks, @爆裂道.]
Dragon Quest XI’s protagonist has unique spells and abilities that are exclusive to him, and he can equip single and two-handed swords.
- Sword Dance (Sword God Skill) – A sword skill that looks like a dance with its multiple hits on the enemy.
- Kaclang (Spell) – Prevents an ally from taking damage for a turn.
- Devotion Slash (Two-Handed Sword Skill) – Puts all of his power for an attack from the two-handed sword.
- Zone Certain Hit (Hero Skill) – Guarantees Zone state activation, which increases parameters.
- Dragon Slash (Single-Handed Sword Skill) – An attack that deals extra damage against Dragon-type enemies.
Camus is capable of using daggers, single-handed swords, and boomerangs, allowing him to provide support with various tools.
- Clone (Superhuman Skill) – Triples the action effects with two clones.
- Sword Guard (Single-Handed Sword Skill) – Makes it easier to guard enemy attacks with a weapon.
- Assassin Attack (Dagger Skill) – A single strike that hits the enemy vitals for a chance at an instant kill.
- Starburst Throw (Boomerang Skill) HIts all enemies with a blade of light.
- Jibariina (Spell) – Brings out a magic circle on the floor that damages enemies when they take actions.
Additionally, the magazine shows that players will get to relearn skills from the Skill Panel by visiting a church after getting to a certain part in the story. You can distribute these points or do a full reset on the panel.
Dragon Quest XI releases in Japan on July 29, 2017 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo 3DS. The game is also in development for Nintendo Switch. Check our previous report to learn more about the martial artist Martina and the mysterious old man Row.