Eterium is a game developed by a two-man studio that hopes to replicate the spirit of space combat games like Wing Commander and X-Wing. Rogue Earth, the game’s developer, say it features “advanced artificial intelligence” and “procedural missions”.
Here’s the full list of features they hope to include in Eterium:
- Fully customizable joystick, XBox controller, and mouse support.
- Outstanding stereo 3D support (nVidia 3d vision only)
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- Dynamic Difficulty
- Intelligent procedural mission generation
- Advanced ship damage systems
- Fully 3D Rendered Cockpits
A 4-mission demo for the game is currently available for download here, so you can try it out yourself to see if you like it. Rogue Earth do have a piece of advice for any players that intend to try the demo out, though:
Eterium is very complex game based on games from a time when people read the manual. We have included a very comprehensive tutorial system, but we are still refining it (provide your feedback in the forums). To get the most out of Eterium, please refer to the included manual.
Eterium doesn’t have a release date yet, but the game is up for voting on the Steam Greenlight program.