Etrian Odyssey V takes place in the new continent of “Arcadia,” featuring character designs Yuji Himukai.
Here are the four races of Arcadia:
- Earthrun (Human-type)
- Lunaria (Elf-type)
- Therian (Beast Ears)
- Bronie (Dwarf-like)
Followed by 10 classes and their corresponding races:
- Fencer (Arslan)
- Dragoon (Arslan)
- Cestus (Arslan)
- Reaper (Arslan)
- Necromancer (Lunaria)
- Warlock (Lunaria)
- Herbalist (Branii)
- Shaman (Branii)
- Masurao (Celian)
- Hound (Celian)
The character creation will have more detailed coloring, along with an odd-eye feature that lets you choose different-colored eyes.
Here’s a list of the voice cast for the custom voices of the character creation: Shouta Aoi/Satomi Arai/Akira Ishida/Toru Okawa/Ayaka Ohashi/Yoshihisa Kawahara/Misaki Kuno/Mitsuki Saiga/Takuya Satou/Asami Seto/Atsuko Tanaka/Kosuke Toriumi/Joji Nakata/Kaori Nazuka/Natsuki Hanae/Saori Hayami/Megumi Han/Yoko Hikasa/Rina Hidaka/Yui Horie/Ayumu Murase/Tsubasa Yonaga
And finally, some highlights from director Shigeo Komori:
- The starting concept for the game is to have a high degree of freedom for character create and dungeon exploring that is filled with adventurous spirit, with tough battles and character raising.
- With new races being introduced, it’ll be possible to make a new and refreshing character create.
- It’ll also have a bunch of new voices, and will be possible to play with no voicing, should you choose to do so.
- The Hound class is named after the pets they’re able to use.
- The dungeon exploration’s table talk RPG-like features have been enhanced.
- The bottom-screen map, its icons, and controls have also been improved.
- Etrian Odyssey III and IV’s sub-classes and Grimoires from Etrian Odyssey Untold made it easier to create parties. Similar to the first Etrian Odyssey game, each class of Etrian Odyssey V will be strict in its roles and it’ll be difficult to make balanced parties.
Etrian Odyssey V: End of the Long Myth will release in Japan on August 4, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS.