Atlus recently announced Etrian Odyssey X as new “complete crossover title” that puts together everything from the series, and director Shigeo Komori shared more on what’s new in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Gamestalk.]
Here are some highlights from the interview with Komori-san:
- Etrian Odyssey V was made to be a culmination made for the direction of “challenging something new.” However, on the other hand, Komori felt that there were many fans who expected it as a collection of all the good things from the series so far. That was one of the main reasons he decided to make Etrian Odyssey X as another compilation.
- The stage of Etrian Odyssey X is set in Lemuria. This land is located far away from other continents, and has a sea of trees familiar to past adventurers that surrounds the Yggdrasil Tree located in the middle of the land.
- However, players might want to be careful as any knowledge of past dungeons might backfire. There are some elements that will put a smile on the faces of veteran Etrian Odyssey players as well.
- Komori says that implementing a world map is something he has always wanted to do. There are numerous labyrinths, and you’ll unlock new areas or activate events by meeting requirements.
- Etrian Odyssey X boasts the most volume thus far in the series, and it includes labyrinths that aren’t required to clear the game.
- The new class “Hero” has enough of a new feeling to not have it be overshadowed by conventional classes, as it has been made as a class suited for protagonists. It’s a all-rounded class that can attack, defend, and even heal.
- In order to make the main class show off its advantages, the Force Boost and Force Break systems are being introduced.
Etrian Odyssey X releases in Japan on August 2, 2018 for Nintendo 3DS.