Marvelous and Type-Moon shared the latest details on Fate/Extella Link in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine with some details on its new “Active skill” system and examples of what it offers. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
First, the magazine has some screenshots showing some of the story that surrounds Jeanne d’Arc (Ruler), Gilgamesh (Archer), Iskandar, and Gawain.
As for the new action, it’s used by setting up to four “Active Skills” in the slots. Here are some examples:
- Lumière du soleil: A slash using all of one’s might.
- Ktsune no Yomeiri (Fox’s Wedding): HP recovery field
- Genesis Rune: Fire pillar attack.
- Golden Anchor: Brings out an anchor
There are all kinds of other skills as well. Each Servant class specializes in certain Active Skills. When a Servant of the right class uses the right skill, they’ll be enhanced once they’re set.
Here are some examples of which classes work best with certain skill types:
- Saber/Assassin: Powers up close-ranged attack skills
- Archer: Powers up long-ranged skills
- Lancer/Rider: Powers up rushing skills
- Caster: Powers up projectiles
- Berserker/Ruler: Powers up area-of-effect skills
Fate/Extella Link releases in Japan on June 7, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.