In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Tetsuya Nomura, and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima had some details to share on the upcoming PlayStation 4 title. [Thanks, Hachima.]
The interview features various details that we previously reported, but Hachima put the following notes on some of the interesting tidbits.
- We’ll get to explore around all the areas of Midgar.
- Square Enix would like to delve more deeply into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
- They can’t say how many volumes the entire Final Fantasy VII Remake will be in this stage.
- Can’t say anything about any online features for now.
- The main scenario for the multi-series’ first part is already completed.
- As previously reported, the game is using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 4 to create the game. They’re also getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team, and may work together for the game in the near future.
- Cloud’s auditory hallucination scenes are being shaped up to be more meaningful.
- The [voicing] cast is expected to be the same from those of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
- The “ATB Gauge” that turns red is different from a Limit Break, and Square Enix plans on having a special system, one that they can’t show yet, but it will change depending on the play-style of the player.
- They’ve yet to decide on whether there will be a guard.
Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.