Final Fantasy XIV’s Patch 4.3, titled Under the Moonlight, is now live in Square Enix’s MMORPG. Here’s a look at the latest trailer that highlights what’s new as well as details from the full patch notes.
In case you missed it, here’s a look at the latest trailer featuring Patch 4.3.
Below are highlights from the patch notes, starting with job adjustments:
- Power Slash – Dark Arts potency of 240 has been added.
Dark Arts combo potency of 440 has been added.
- Dark Passenger – Potency has been increased from 100 to 140.
Dark Arts potency has been increased from 240 to 280.
Additional effect of increased enmity has been added.
Recast time has been increased from 30 to 60 seconds.
- Dark Mind – Reduction to magic vulnerability has been changed from 15% to 30%.
The Dark Arts effect has been removed.
- Darkside – Effect no longer ends upon being incapacitated.
- Shadow Wall – Recast time reduced from 180 to 120 seconds.
- Plunge – Dark Arts potency of 340 has been added.
Dark Arts effect of increased enmity has been added.
Delay before using a skill after this action has been reduced.
- Sole Survivor – HP and MP gained when defeating a target marked with Another Victim has been increased from 20% to 30%.
Now restores 20% of maximum HP and MP if the Another Victim status expires before the target is defeated.
- Purification – The additional effect “Reduces enmity by half” has been added.
- Brotherhood – Now grants the effects Brotherhood and Meditative Brotherhood to all nearby party members. Players can now receive multiple stacks of Meditative Brotherhood.
- Jinpu – Combo potency has been increased from 280 to 300.
- Third Eye – Damage reduction has been changed from 5% to 10%.
- Shifu – Combo potency has been increased from 280 to 300.
- Gekko – Combo potency has been increased from 400 to 420.
- Kasha – Combo potency has been increased from 400 to 420.
- Yukikaze – Combo potency has been increased from 340 to 360.
- Merciful Eyes – The additional effect “Reduces enmity by 20%” has been added.
- Hide – The effect will no longer be dispelled when using Sprint.
- Aetherial Manipulation – The delay before character movement has been reduced.
- Between the Lines – The delay before character movement has been reduced.
- Whispering Dawn – Action category has been changed from Spell to Ability.
Cast time has been made instant.
Healing potency has been increased from 100 to 120.
- Aetherpact – Recast time has been reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.
- Fey Union – Fey Union can now be interrupted to order faeries to use another action.
- Dissolve Union – Recast time has been reduced from 5 seconds to 1 second.
Scholar pet actions with cast times can now be canceled when ordered to use a different pet action.
* Information previously published stated that changes were made to arcanist, summoner, and scholar pet actions. However, this change only applies to scholars, not arcanists or summoners. This information has now been amended.
* Casting cannot be canceled with an action that is on cooldown.
- Malefic – Cast time reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 seconds.
- Malefic II – Cast time reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 seconds.
- Malefic III – Cast time reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 seconds.
- Lightspeed – MP cost reduction changed from 25% to 50%.
Reduction to attack magic potency has been removed.
Recast time has been reduced from 150 to 120 seconds.
- Aspected Helios – Cast time reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds.
New main scenario quests have been added.
Chronicles of a New Era quests have been added
Return to Ivalice
Namazu beast tribe quests have been added
Any experience received upon the completion of these quests will be adjusted accordingly.
The Doman enclave reconstruction effort has begun
Players can now donate unneeded items to help supply and finance the reconstruction of the Doman Enclave.
Treasure Hunt – Additions and adjustments have been made to the rewards available in the Lost Canals of Uznair and Hidden Canals of Uznair
The following additions and adjustments have been made to adventurer squadrons:
The number of dungeons available for command missions has been increased.
These new furnishings can also be used to select glamours for squadron members. After selecting a piece of gear to apply glamours, three tabs will appear in the Cast Glamours window: Inventory/Armoury Chest, Glamour Dresser, and Armoire.
New craftable items have been added to the company workshop
A new estate vendor NPC, the journeyman salvager, has been added. This NPC shares some of the functions of a Calamity salvager.
The following items that allow players to employ material suppliers, junkmongers, armor menders, and stewards with new appearances have been added:
- Namazu Material Supplier Permit
- Namazu Junkmonger Permit
- Namazu Mender Permit
- Namazu Manservant Permit
Furnishings from the FFXIV Furnishing Design Contest have been added
New furnishings have been added
The message book furnishing has been added
Message books allow visitors to leave messages for estate owners, as well as “like” estates to show their appreciation for the décor.
A message book can be placed in a free company estate, private estate, or an apartment. In the case of estates, there are two versions of the message book─one for indoor and one for outdoor use. Please note you may only set one of each at any given time.
While the message book is primarily for visitors to leave messages, the estate owner can also set a greeting message for visitors.
Moreover, notifications will be sent to the owner each time a message is written in the message book.
Entries left in the message book are set to public by default, allowing anyone to view them. However, they can be set to private at the owner’s discretion.
Players may leave one message in an estate’s book per day per character.
* Permission to leave messages will reset every day at 8:00 a.m. (PDT)
Messages can also be deleted by the player who penned them, as well as by the estate owner and those with authorization.
The number of aquariums that can be placed in an apartment or estate has been increased
- Private Chamber/Apartment 1 → 4
- Cottage 1 → 6
- House 1 → 8
- Mansion 1 → 10
* This update will be included in Patch 4.3, but due a critical issue, the number of aquariums will temporarily be limited to four per estate. Players will be informed when the issue has been resolved. Details are included in the Known Issues section. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
New aquarium fish have been added
A new seed for flowerpots has been added
The following additions and adjustments have been made to Chocobo races:
Players can now register for chocobo races via the Duty Finder, matching with any players within the same data center.
When registering for a race alone, players will be assigned to a race class based on their chocobo’s rating. When registering as a party, players will be assigned based on the lowest-rated chocobo in the party. Attributes of all other chocobos will be synced to the lowest-rated chocobo.
In accordance with these changes, speaking with the race chocobo registrar in Chocobo Square (X:6.1 Y:4.7) will now open the Duty Finder. Please note, however, the chocobo race tutorial and challenge races can only be undertaken by speaking with the race chocobo registrar.
The following additions and adjustments have been made to Performance actions:
Sounds for the following instruments are now available:
It is possible to hold notes with these instruments by holding the associated keybinds.
Adjustments have been made to latency and sound quality for the following instrument sounds:
Performance actions can now be used in the following areas:
- The Gold Saucer
- The Ivory Chapel
- Grand Company barracks
All musical notes can now be set to individual keybinds when using a keyboard.
New emotes have been added
New hairstyles have been added
A new dungeon, the Swallow’s Compass, has been added
The alliance raid dungeon the Ridorana Lighthouse has been added
The story for this exciting new raid was written by guest creator Yasumi Matsuno, director and writer of titles such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII. The boss designs are courtesy of guest creator Keita Amemiya, creator and director of the GARO series. Prepare for a new chapter in this grand adventure!
You can catch up on more from 4.3 at the official Lodestone for the full patch notes.
Final Fantasy XIV is available on PlayStation 4 and PC.