Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn’s Patch 2.45 launched earlier this morning, and while the new Eternal Bond marriage system is the biggest feature, Square Enix shared a few other tidbits regarding the patch.
One class that’s getting a big adjustment is the Lancer, as they’ll now deal more damage and easier than ever. Here are some of the changes for it:
- Weaponskill direction requirements have been abolished, allowing combo bonuses when attacking from any position.
- Potency has been set at 180.
- This skill can now only be used by lancer and dragoon.
- Weapon skill direction requirements for the additional effect have been abolished.
- Combo potency has been increased from 330 to 360.
Previously, Dragoons had to make sure they were in the right position to do Impulse Drive, which usually meant having to momentarily play off-position during fights, leaving them prone to being punished.
This change makes it easier to stay together while dealing out more damage than before. Additionally, Dragoons can now use their Jump ability every 30 seconds instead of 40.
As for Rogue/Ninja, they’re getting a little nerf, as many felt that their abilities were a little too over-powered. Here’s what has changed for them:
- Aeolian Edge: TP cost has been increased from 50 to 60.
- Shadow Fang: TP cost has been increased from 60 to 70.
- Kiss of the Wasp: The increased damage effect now only applies to physical attacks.
- Kiss of the Viper: The increased damage effect now only applies to physical attacks.
Basically, Ninjas have been able to dish out massive damage using Kiss of the Wasp or Viper, which allowed them to do up to 20% extra damage, including the Raiton Ninjutsu that deals 360 damage potency on its own.
Now that the Kiss abilities will only be limited to physical attacks and with addition TP cost for a couple skills, it should bring them down a notch in the damage department.
You can read more from the full Patch 2.45 notes, here. Yoshi-P will conduct his next Letter From the Producer Live on December 20, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. (PST), where he’ll share more on the Patch 2.5 along with some information on the new Crystal Tower raids and Gold Saucer.