Final Fantasy XV’s Crown City of Insomnia was never made to be explored by players in the original game, but in Episode Ardyn we’ll get to do just that with various abilities and unique gameplay. Square Enix shared some extra tidbits of info on the upcoming DLC. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
- As a result of continuously having healed the ill using his own body, Ardyn becomes immortal.
- The concept of the episode is “a Final Fantasy with a villain as its protagonist.” With a sense of destroying the world.
- In addition to being able to summon weapons and use magic, you can turn enemies into Daemon to absorb their power.
- By turning enemies into Daemon, it increases the Phantom Gear Gauge, provides a power-up, and the ability to use some special moves.
- When Ardyn’s HP reaches 0 you’ll get the option to revive after some time passes. This also comes with a big power-up.
- A Command Gauge increases over time and allows you to summon Ifrit. Ifrit fights by your side.
- In Episode Ardyn you’ll get to freely explore the Crown City, Insomnia. You can teleport onto the rooftop of builds and streetlamps even when you’re not in battle.
- As for combat, there’s plenty of combo action that involves juggling enemies.
- By continuing successive attacks Ardyn can use Daemon attacks. They do enough damage to one-shot most enemies.
Final Fantasy XV is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Episode Ardyn releases on March 26, 2019. Check our previous report for a closer look at its story, character, and gameplay. You can also get a peek at Insomnia with recent screenshots here.