Fire Emblem Heroes plans on adding some major changes and new features for the next version update, scheduled for early-September. Here’s a sneak peek at what we can expect to see.
Relay Defense Maps Added
Starting on 9/8/18, Relay Defense maps will appear in Special Maps.
On Relay Defense maps, the goal is to defend your territory for a total of eight turns.
Create a brigade of 20 Heroes using Edit Brigades to use on these maps. Every two turns, your active Heroes will be swapped in and out of battle in groups of five.
You will receive a score based on how many enemies you defeat and how many of your Heroes survive.
These new maps challenge you to create new strategies, such as strengthening your fortress’ defenses with Heroes who have high Def or Res.
Relay Defense maps will be released periodically instead of the Rival Domains maps, which ran every week on Saturday.
- Rival Domains maps will not be available while Relay Defense maps are active.
- Relay Defense maps will be active for two weeks at a time.
New Weapon Skills and Weapons to Refine
The following Heroes will be able to learn these new character-specific weapon skills at 5★:
- Cherche’s Axe – Hero who can learn this skill: Cherche: Wyvern Friend.
- Odin’s Grimoire – Hero who can learn this skill: Odin Potent Force.
- Both Cherche’s Axe and Odin’s Grimoire can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery after they’ve been obtained.
- To learn weapon skills, tap Allies, then Ally Growth, and then Learn Skills.
You will be able to strengthen the following weapon skill with Arena Medals and Divine Dew for added effects:
- Ragnarok – Hero who can learn this skill: Celica: Caring Princess.
Note: To access the Weapon Refinery, you must clear Book I, Chapter 13 in the main story and then clear the second Intermission map, The Rite of Blades.
Combat Manuals Added
You will be able to send Heroes back to their worlds and create a Combat Manual in exchange. You can create a Combat Manual by selecting Manage barracks, which will be added to the Allies menu.
Though you will no longer be able to send the unit to battle, Combat Manuals can be used instead of Heroes in the Inherit Skill and Merge Allies menus.
Combat Manuals do not use up barracks slots, so you can turn Heroes you don’t plan to send to battle into Combat Manuals to conserve space. Additionally, you can have up to 9,999 of each type of Combat Manual.
Note: You cannot turn a Combat Manual back into a Hero, and you cannot use Combat Manuals in the Enhance slot for Merge Allies.
Combat Manuals do not inherit the following elements:
- Number of times merged
- Learned skills
- Inherited or refined skills
- Conferred blessings
- Summoner Support or Ally Support
- Sacred Seals or accessories
- Skill sets
The following changes will be applied with the addition of Combat Manuals:
- You will be able to use Enhance on Combat Manuals.
- You will be able to use Enhance, even if the Hero is level 1.
- Send Home will be included under Manage Barracks. Additionally, the confirmation message will display twice, like with Create Combat Manual.
- A button will be added to Inherit Skills to prioritize showing Combat Manuals over Heroes.
- You will be able to check the blessing season on the Edit Teams screen.
- A Swap Left/Right option that changes sides for allies and foes will be added to Tap Battle Settings.
- You will be able to switch between Reserve Teams and Primary Teams in the UI for battles that require a second team, such as Tempest Trials and Arena Assault.
- In Grand Conquests, a warning will be displayed when there are 10 minutes or less remaining in each battle.
- The order of friend requests that are awaiting approval will change in the Friend List. New requests will be displayed at the top.
- On Android devices, tapping the back icon during battle will open the Battle Menu.
That’s it for the upcoming update!
We hope you continue to enjoy playing Fire Emblem Heroes.