Acquire announced a new entry in the Gladiator series with an action-adventure title Gladiator X, slated for release in 2020. This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine provides more details. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Below are highlights from the magazine and interview with Takuma Endo from Acquire:
- The game is set in Ancient Rome when the 16th-generation emperor Marcus Aurelius was in power.
- In addition to a major increase in scenario volume, volume, everything is revamped using the 2010-released Gladiator Begins as a base.
- Acquire is looking to make a completely new high-quality game, using Unreal Engine, which they used to make Octopath Traveler.
- Acquire is also looking into global expansion. They’re currently working together with an overseas company.
- Lastly, Endo mentioned that Acquire can begin working on PlayStation 5 rendering right away, so they’d like to release on PS5 if they can get the OK from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Gladiator X releases in 2020. The Gladiator series debuted with Gladiator: Road to Freedom (Colosseum: Road to Freedom) for PlayStation 2 in 2005.