Ahead of Astral Chain’s launch, there were reports a day one patch was available for the game. Now, Nintendo has offered extensive notes essentially explaining why someone should download that update ahead of any adventure. Basically, it makes sorting and selling items a lot easier, while also getting rid of bugs that could cause the game to freeze or save data to be corrupted.
The new Astral Chain features are ones that may make it easier to go through everything in your inventory. Apparently, ahead of launch, there was no Item Sort option in the menu. Now, there is. The ability codes area lets people sort by “type” after the update. Also, for those clearing inventories, grabbing the patch will let you both sell multiple items or delete multiple ability codes at once.
As for the bugs, two mentioned in the Astral Chain day one update could be a concern. One involved the Training mode. Apparently, if you quit, it could freeze. The other involved corrupted save data. If someone returned to the title screen from the menu, there could have been an autosave issue. Both of these problems have been repaired.
Here are the full Astral Chain patch notes.
- Functional Changes and Additions
- Added Item Sort function to the menu.
- Multiple goods can now be sold at once at shops.
- The “Temporary Field Supply” item icon has been adjusted for visual clarity.
- “Temporary Field Supply” items are those that can only be used during the “FILE” in play
- When using items from the shortcut menu, “Temporary field supply” items of the same name will now automatically be prioritized and used instead.
- Added a “Type” category to the ability codes Sort function.
- Added a function to delete multiple ability codes at once.
- General Changes
- Adjusted game balance.
- Fixed an issue where quitting the game during the training mode could cause lock ups.
- Fixed an issue where specific steps would lead to the order “Ark Tourist” being impossible to complete.
- Fixed an issue where opening the menu and returning to the title screen at a specific timing before an autosave would cause save data to be corrupted.
- Additionally fixed several issues to allow for a more comfortable gameplay experience.
In addition, to celebrate the game’s launch, Bayonetta Character Designer Mari Shimazaki drew Bayonetta with Astral Chain’s twins.
— PlatinumGames Inc. (@platinumgames) August 30, 2019
Astral Chain is available for the Nintendo Switch.