The info has been sorted into three “evolution points” in the bullet notes below.
Evolution Point 1 – Major Visual Evolution
- Full-HD (1080p)
- High-definition movies
- Supports 60fps
- High-definition backgrounds and UI
Evolution Point 2 – Game System Improvements
- Added retry function
- Cheat Mode (Play with maxed out level and equipment)
- Movement speed increased
- Item slot number increased to 90
- Item menu shortcut and sort functions added
- Certain items have consecutive usage function
- Made easier to see empty equipment slots
- Chim Sphere and Virus Core possession cap at 999
- Reduced probability of allies selling off items you give them
- Improvements that were made in Vol. 2: Reminisce and Vol. 3: Redemption will be reflected on Vol. 1: Rebirth in the HD Remaster.
- Battle tempo increased with a rise in offensive ability and reduction in hitstop.
- Weapon skill up rates increased
- Increase in experience points gained
- Some powerful enemies have been mitigated
- Skeith’s shooting speed has been increased
- Avatar battles have been rebalanced
- In addition to being able to redo the Marriage Events in Vol. 3: Redemption, you’ll get to do it with all characters that become party members
Evolution Point 3 – New Elements Added
- All movies from the Terminal Disk that was bundled with the special edition copy of .hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth will be included.
- Haseo with an unfamiliar look appears…
And finally, here’s a bit from the interview with Hiroshi Matsuyama of CybcerConnect2 and Bandai Namco’s Daisuke Uchiyama:
2017 is the 15th anniversary since the release of .hack, and 10 years since the conclusion of G.U., and it also happens to be the year G.U. takes place. That said, it was decided that this year must be one for a reboot.
The reason they’re going with a remaster instead of a brand new title is because it’s been a while but more importantly to introduce a younger generation of fans to the .hack series.
While it is a remaster, it feels like they’re mostly remaking everything. All three volumes will be playable. As one of the new elements, players will meet Haseo “for the first time.’
And finally, there are other plans in the works for the .hack series’ 15th anniversary.
.hack//G.U. Last Recode is in development for PlayStation 4 and PC. A Release date hast yet to be announced.