Nihon Falcom announced a major update for The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki that will be available for free on October 1, 2020. Titled Beyond the Reverie, this update will add a lot of new content into the RPG, such as a new difficulty level, new playable characters, and new event episodes. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]
Here’s a rundown of the new additions that will be made with the Beyond the Reverie update:
- Adding The Deep Unexpected Region into the True Reverie Corridor, allowing you to move into the 5th Level and even further. An option setting will let you increase the enemy levels by 50 or 100.
Going through The Deep Unexpected Region will gradually unlock more new playable characters, episodes, and mini-games.
- Adding more playable characters
- Adding new episodes and a mini-game
- Increasing the level cap from 180 to 250
- Adding Abyss difficulty
- Adding Taikyu (Endurance) Mode to the POMtto! mini-game
- Adding Maniac difficulty to the Kiseki de Pon! mini-game
- Adding in-game book Shunran, Archer of the Moonless Dawn
A new mini-game will be added with this update. VM Dojo of the Flames is where you can play the Vantage Masters card game with in-game characters. Some of the guest characters who couldn’t be fought in Hajimari‘s main story or the True Reverie Corridor will even show up as VM Masters in this mode.
The update will add four new in-game episodes—including one where the Bright family goes on a vacation to the hot springs resort in Ymir. It will also add three short story episodes that connect to the next Kiseki game after Hajimari, and these episodes will be told in a novel format.
The press release also noted that another update on a later date will add PlayStation VR support for communication events in Hajimari no Kiseki, as well as the Special Support Section’s Summer Holiday pack that will be available as paid DLC.
The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki is now available on the PlayStation 4 in Japan and Asia.