Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty chimera weak points
Screenshot by Siliconera

How to Beat the Chimera and Find Its Weak Points in Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty

Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty has its first major boss battle early in the DLC story, pitting players against the Chimera. The Chimera spider mech is one of the most annoying boss fights in the entire game, if you don’t have a certain Relic perk upgrade. Here’s what you need to do to find the Chimera’s weak points and beat it.

Recommended Videos

How to Find the Chimera’s Weak Points in Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty

Right near the start of the Cyberpunk 2077 boss fight, you can see the Chimera’s health bar is split into two segments, with a small one on the right side that covers the first 30% of its health and another fragment for the remaining 70% health. The beginning of the fight tasks the player with the first phase of the fight, which is to destroy the Chimera weak points.

This is by far the worst part of the fight, especially if you don’t get a certain Relic upgrade. I recommend saving your initial three Relic perk points from the new DLC for the Vulnerability Analytics perk. I made this mistake and if you do the same, this fight becomes massively harder. The perk shows you the weak points on an opponent, which this fight is basically a tutorial for.

how to beat Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty chimera boss fight
Screenshot by Siliconera

With the perk, you can see the weak points and easily destroy them. Once you defeat all of them, you can move to the second phase. If you don’t have this perk like I didn’t, you’ll want to aim for the exposed joints between the legs. Those are some of the weak points but there are others on the side, in the front, and in the back. I suggest pulling out a melee weapon and mashing at the Chimera all over until you see damage points on your screen to indicate you’re hitting a weak point.

Once you get into the second phase, Chimera summons some additional drones. Take out the marked drones, as they will repair and heal its health. After that, finish off the attacking drones and then move to the second floor where the president is. Use your best ranged weapon and quickhacks to attack the Chimera in between its lasers until its health reaches zero.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 and Phantom Liberty DLC are available for the PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.

Siliconera is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more about our Affiliate Policy
Image of Cody Perez
Cody Perez
Cody is a writer who has been sharing his love for video games and anime since his high school days in 2012. When he isn’t writing about the latest JRPGs and anime series, he can be found in Final Fantasy XIV, occasionally playing some Call of Duty, or lurking on Twitter @SoulcapCody.