Okay, so, back when I told you about the Octopath Traveler 2 armsmaster secondary job, I also mentioned how “The Sword in the Stone” side story is tied to it with its rusty weapon and job skill reward. Well, there are six rusty weapons you’ll need to find to truly unlock every armsmaster skill. You start with the Bulwark and Sixfold Strike after unlocking the quest, but need to get every weapon to unlock the other six.
So, where you do find those other Octopath Traveler 2 armsmaster extra rusty weapons so you can get more job skills? Here’s a full list, which mentions where they are and the weapon and skill each one unlocks after you take it to Porta at Gravell.
- Rusty Axe: If your party is around level 30, then you can head to the Quicksand Gaol not far from Ku to get this weapon. You’ll see the chest in what’s basically an antlion pit, but need to fight The Lord of the Sands first. Once you get it, you also get a Lionheart’s Axe and the Lionheart’s Axe: On the Hunt skill by taking it to Porta at the armsmaster guild in Gravell.
- Rusty Bow: You better have everyone in your party at level 46 or higher for this one. (I challenged it at level 50). The Behemoth in the Sinking Ruins past Nameless Village guards this weapon. Beating it lets you get the item that becomes the Hunter’s Bow and unlocks Hunter’s Bow: Flurry of Arrows.
- Rusty Dagger: First, you need a boat. Sail north from Canalbrine until you see the Shipwreck of the Empress. It’s a level 48 area, but if you equip a support skill that makes encounters less frequent, have a healer, and decide to be daring, you can sneak to the end of the ship and get the dagger. (I did so at with a team around level 35 and lived to tell the tale.) This nets you the Dancer’s Blade and Dancer’s Blade: Mischievous Step after taking it to Porta.
- Rusty Lance: Okay, this one might require you to have Throne past level 36, if she’s who you’re using to knock people out. (An Ochette with some strong enemies to Provoke can also work!) Head to Timberrain’s Castle Town Square area, then head left. There’s a tower with a guard. You need to beat him to get this Rusty Lance, to get the Warlord’s Spear and Warlord’s Spear: Giant Swing skill.
- Rusty Staff: In Borderfall, not far from Flamechurch, is the Seat of the Water Sprite. It’s under a waterfall and is a level 26 area. If you head into it, you can find it in a treasure chest. It becomes the Spiritlord’s Staff and unlocks the skill Spiritlord’s Staff: Deliverance.
- Rusty Sword: You get this as a reward from “The Sword in the Stone” side story in Winterbloom. It nets you the Conqueror’s Sword and Conqueror’s Sword: Cosmic Roar skill.
Octopath Traveler 2 is available for the Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC. A demo is available.