Nintendo Everything have gotten their hands on the latest issue of Nintendo Power magazine, which contains an 8-page feature on Kid Icarus: Uprising. A bullet-list summary of the article brings to light several features and details we didn’t know of up until now. Here are a few of the highlights:
Dialogue and Pit/Palutena interaction:
- Constant stream of dialogue to give players a better idea of what’s going on. Dialogue is usually between Pit and Palutena or Palutena and the villain at the moment.
- “Necessary plot explanations and strategy tips are buried deep within a stream of smart, self-aware banter”.
- Palutena will show cute artwork and screenshots from the original Kid Icarus (reminding Pit of how enemies used to look) on the touch screen, though “the game rarely gives you a chance to peel your eyes away from the action unfolding above”.
Weapons and Powers:
- “More weapons than anyone could realistically hope to use in a single trip through the game”.
- Unique, legendary, super-powered weapons.
- Individual weapons, some with very different properties in each category.
- Pit can find magical powers that may be equipped between levels.
Powers include summoning a meteor shower or firing a massive laser beam (offensive).
- Defensive powers include a high-jump or the ability to recover some health
Powers take up space on Pit’s power grid.
As previously reported, weapons in Kid Icarus: Uprising are bought using Hearts. You can earn hearts by gambling with the game’s difficulty system. Click over to Nintendo Everything for more information from the Nintendo Power preview, including details on individual weapons.